Two principal council by-elections were held last Thursday. The Lib Dems in Cambridgeshire (CC) narrowly missed out on holding their seat in Romsey ward, falling 47 votes short of Labour. LD candidate Nichola Martin polled 35.2%, a decrease of 12.7% from the ward’s last election two years ago.
- A small step for trust in the manifesto (Joe Otten)
- Opinion: A liberal postcard from Athens #2 (Stephen Harte)
- Opinion: Paddy Ashdown’s appeal to Green and Labour (Roger Lake)
- Opinion: The twin intellectual conceits that damned the Liberal Democrats’ election hopes in 2015 (David Thorpe)
- Opinion: Bill – A Factual Postscript (Richard Edwards)
- Tim and Norman Put on the Spot
- 273 words on why I'm supporting Norman Lamb as next leader
- Raw Dykes - Roman Leicester's water supply
- And an announcement...
- Colin Hall Memorial Event Saturday 4th July
- Linkblogging For 30/6/15
- Spar calls for independent review of Rocks Green supermarket proposal
- Alfreton cow rescue hindered by 'randy' bulls
- Hope is overrated
- Investment in Merseyside's Motorways & A5036
- Jane Ann Liston 1st Jul - 12:44am
@Kevin Manley '… every single Lib Dem MP pledged to their voters in their constituency to vote against a rise, if and when the issue...
- Mark Valladares 1st Jul - 12:33am
@Joe Otten, This is the language as drafted by you; ", and subject to the Leader's right to veto the inclusion of any specific policy."...
- Tpfkar 1st Jul - 12:26am
We just can't move on from tuition fees - one of the biggest internal challenges facing the new leader. How do we live with what...
- Joe Otten 1st Jul - 12:17am
Mark, I'm proposing no change to 6.7 or 5.8 dealing with the powers of conference. Just a change to 7.3 dealing with the FPC's powers...
- Simon Foster 30th Jun - 11:57pm
I agree with Matthew from the other side of things, having been a personal tutor for several years for A level applicants looking at what...
- Richard Underhill 30th Jun - 11:37pm
Andrew , I was mainly canvassing in the target seat of Maidstone and the Weald, amd in Tunbridge Wells. I have not been to Westmoreland...