The Guardian’s Rafael Behr has written of his experiences in Eastbourne, a seat won from the Tories by the Lib Dems’ Stephen Lloyd in 2010. His majority, 3,435, would need a swing of just 3.9%. The recent Lord Ashcroft poll of Tory / Lib Dem marginals indicated an average swing away from the Lib Dems to the Tories of 3.5%. This, then, is the kind of seat within the Tories’ reach and which they need to win if they are to gain an overall majority. So what did Mr …
- Lib Dems publish latest accounts: £439k surplus and membership up to 43,451
- Lord Rennard: Lib Dems continue investigation into peer while party official apologises for lapse
- Actually, this having the World Cup in England might be a good idea
- Opinion: Who are the terrorists?
- Some reminders about commenting on Liberal Democrat Voice
- Greg Mulholland MP writes…Celebrating our county’s riches on Yorkshire Day (Greg Mulholland MP)
- Actually, this having the World Cup in England might be a good idea (Caron Lindsay)
- Don Foster MP writes…Justifiable NIMBYism? (Don Foster MP)
- Opinion: What is HAMAS’s game plan? (Steve Coltman)
- Opinion: The ECHR is a “British Bill of Rights” (Jonathan Waddell)
- Blyth Town Council , meetings in August
- The spat of the week - has to be the hissy fit of Beiber the Brat vs Orlando Bloom. Apparently, he did manage to get a knock on the Brat. That's one up for The Elves.
- Fracking: consultation discounted.
- News of M4 closures in August
- Rother DC, Darwell - 31 July 2014
- A note about my Resignation
- The Blood is The Life 31-07-2014
- Women in the workforce: the real reason for the economic recovery
- Lib Dems Win Fight to Tackle Global Warming
- Funding news for local groups
- Matthew Huntbach 31st Jul - 4:00pm
Caracatus but we did used to manage to have a party line on say – opposing the war in Iraq (depite some people like Emma...
- Caractatus 31st Jul - 3:56pm
It's the wrong tactic and not a strategy - but it is the Lib Dem leadership strategy :-((((( It doesn't work and it's not going...
- Joe Otten 31st Jul - 3:55pm
Guidon, gotta say I would rather focus on the city region than Yorkshire - and we cross the boundaries into Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. Yorkshire stuff...
- Matthew Huntbach 31st Jul - 3:46pm
Joshua Dixon Whilst previous generation enjoyed a free education, the Sutton Trust revealed that current graduates will be saddled with enough debt that their repayments...
- Joe Otten 31st Jul - 3:43pm
David, OK. So why is it then that they are choosing these sites next to schools and hospitals? I can't tell any more than you...
- Mark Valladares 31st Jul - 3:38pm
@ Richard Dean, "I won't be commenting further..." Or maybe not. "I look forward to Caron's apology and resignation." Not terribly liberal or democratic either,...