Well, given that you (and I) paid for this, it only seems fair that it gets a wider audience. It is in French, but with English subtitles, even where the person on screen is speaking English. Go figure…
- On making LDV more inclusive
- Paddy Ashdown on Bosnia and Herzegovina: "These are dangerous times; they are very dangerous times indeed"
- Botswana elections: Liberal Democrats help sister party and its "calm revolutionary of our time"
- Why I'm spitting furious about Johann Lamont's resignation.
- Half of current Green supporters voted Lib Dem in 2010
- Opinion: Afghanistan – Fools rush in… (Arthur Snell)
- Andrew Stunell MP writes…Tackling anti-semitism at home and abroad (Andrew Stunell MP)
- Opinion: The Economic Crisis is Now Political (Toby Matthews)
- On making LDV more inclusive (Caron Lindsay)
- Stephen Lloyd MP writes…Ed’s climate change deal shows how UK can reform EU (Stephen Lloyd MP)
- Why twitter sometimes counts the Arabic words for "peace be upon him" as a single character
- Lib Dems Attack Tories for Suggesting Bus Cuts When Saving Already Made
- Better Care Fund for England announcement
- Well, Fancy That!
- High Court rules Labour Haringey misled residents with false claims about government cuts
- My must-reads this week October 31, 2014
- I am considering dressing up as The Grim Reaper, and visiting some old people's rest homes. Just to spread the cheer
- Slow growth is not bad. If that means debt default, so be it. The world must change
- Andrew George, MP and Baroness Kate Parminter meet the Friends of St Just library
- The Blood is The Life 31-10-2014
- Toby Matthews 31st Oct - 11:58am
Dav- Imagine a sprawling stately home in central London. Next to it, on the same size plot of land is gleaming modern skyscraper. Both pieces...
- benj 31st Oct - 11:57am
Dav It's not the act of owning land that gives it it's value is it? In which case, LVT cannot penalise, work, enterprise or success,...
- Eddie Sammon 31st Oct - 11:57am
I think we should continue the rescue operations, but I'm not outraged by it because people will still drown unless we start actively shuttling people...
- benj 31st Oct - 11:47am
Dav said "Why would the landlords not just pass the LVT on to the tenants in the form of higher rents?" Because they are not...
- Toby Matthews 31st Oct - 11:47am
Dav- As mentioned much of the land is already taxed privately. Yet London exists. Your point doesn't stack up. LVT taxes the rental value. That...
- theakes 31st Oct - 11:44am
Hmm : a first openly public crack in the previous thought to be close Clegg/Ashdown scenario?
Fri 31st Oct 2014
Sat 1st Nov 2014
Tue 4th Nov 2014
Thu 6th Nov 2014
Fri 7th Nov 2014
Sat 15th Nov 2014
Mon 17th Nov 2014
Thu 20th Nov 2014
Fri 21st Nov 2014
Sat 22nd Nov 2014