How to get your picture to appear next to your comments

You may have noticed that next to some people’s comments is a small picture of themselves, such as:

If you want a picture to appear next to your comments you need to do two things.

1. Visit Gravatar.com, create an account and upload a picture.
  2. Post a comment, ensuring the email address that you’ve used on Gravatar is the same as the one you’ve used when posting your comment.

Feel free to post test comments below.

Read more by .
This entry was posted in Site news.
Bookmark the web address for this page or use the short url http://ldv.org.uk/27174 for Twitter and emails.

• Tony Greaves 21st Feb '12 - 4:33pm

What is the purpose of having a picture next to your comments? Does it give the comments greater or lesser validity? Does it make factual assertions more or less true? Or is it just vanity?

Tony Greaves

• Andrew Suffield 21st Feb '12 - 4:37pm

I think it’s mostly vanity

• LiberalDating.com

• Richard Dean 21st Feb '12 - 8:04pm

Nice! Testing 123 ….

• Tony: people have a range of different reasons, but a good and common one is a parallel with fringe meetings at conference. Think how often when someone asks a question, people turn round to see who the person is who is speaking as they’re interested to know who is making the comments. People’s names next to comments aren’t always a full substitute for that, e.g. you may remember the face but not the name, or because there’s more than one person with the same or similar names (Geoff Payne being a good example).

• Tony Greaves 21st Feb '12 - 10:29pm

WellI would prefer that first of all you insist on people using their real names. Having a picture of a cat doesn’t help much. (And cats would be barred from conference anyway).

Tony

• Gareth Jones 21st Feb '12 - 11:05pm

Are Sea Harriers more acceptable than cats?

• Sea Harrier – RIP. I miss that Harrier Waggle at air shows:-( And we won’t even be getting the F-35 B to compensate. But hopefully some big cat(apults).

• I like the LiberalDating.com idea.. if only I can get it to work..

• Well here is my comment. Vanity or not I’ve given it a go.

• Richard Dean 26th Feb '12 - 8:55pm

testing … 456 …

• Rebecca Hanson 7th Apr '12 - 11:10am

eek – I’m not very comfortable with that big yellow banner….. that’ll take some getting used to!

• Rebecca Hanson 7th Apr '12 - 11:11am

For me it’s not about vanity by the way. It’s about standing by my comments and inviting people to ask more in person or in other forums as well as here.

• This blog which demonstrates the ability of Liberal Democrats to construct robust arguments over a triviality makes me proud to be one of them. Takes the mind off election results