The control of Bury Council came down to one seat. Recounts couldn’t separate the two candidates. So short straws were drawn to see who won and hence who got control of the council:
- What do you think will be the result of the Scottish independence referendum? Your predictions, please...
- ++ Mike Hancock MP quits Lib Dems
- Yes Scotland is a bit late to realise that Wings over Scotland is bad news.
- Note to agents: do not publish anything you learn at postal vote opening
- Opinion: The West Lothian Question has left Ed Miliband in a deep hole
- Stand up against the politics of bullets and threats (Ed Fordham)
- Opinion: English devolution – with maps (George Potter)
- The English devolution battleground (Joe Otten)
- Opinion: Lib Dems believe in local policing; should they also support a return to local courts? (John Howson)
- Can moderate public engagement be a good thing? (Paul Walter)
- The death knell for failed UK centralisation
- Cameron's devolution lunch - no mention of Cornwall
- Proposed e-Conference e-Public Meeting on Devolution in England
- Phillip Hammond joins Twitter
- The Federal Executive's unconstitutional behaviour
- Ed Milliband fights English Democracy and Cameron narrowly avoids the end of Britain.
- Worth reading 129: Ten primes make you happy
- X Factor round-up: Raign v Cheryl Cole, Simon Cowell v Samuel Jackson
- Paul Mason forgets where it's all kicking off
- MP conference fringe league table 2014: Norman Lamb hits an all time high
- JohnTilley 22nd Sep - 5:04pm
And in the House of Lords -- does Cameron propose EVEL there as well ??? Will that notorious Lord (whose opinion polls are often quoted...
- Drew Durning 22nd Sep - 4:57pm
I much prefer the idea of a structured approach to devolution but find it difficult to relate to these areas without there also being a...
- paul barker 22nd Sep - 4:56pm
What we need is to get moving while the inevitable opposition is still confused & unsure of itself. We dont need to re-invent the wheel...
- JohnTilley 22nd Sep - 4:47pm
Is it possible that the Bullets were sent by people celebrating and emboldened by the victory of their fellow Unionists in the Referendum in Scotland?
- David Allen 22nd Sep - 4:46pm
Glenn, OK, so you think that the party who are now in charge, who have dominated government for a century, who are bankrolled by the...
- David-1 22nd Sep - 4:43pm
The West Lothian Question is an imaginary problem that's prompted any number of irrelevant 'solutions.' The problem is not one of "Scottish MPs voting on...
Wed 24th Sep 2014
Thu 25th Sep 2014
Fri 26th Sep 2014
Sat 27th Sep 2014
Sun 28th Sep 2014
Tue 30th Sep 2014
Thu 2nd Oct 2014
Sat 4th Oct 2014
Thu 9th Oct 2014
Sat 11th Oct 2014