Something a little longer for the weekend – a talk explaining how the British electoral system works, and in particular why some parties need more votes to get a winning number of seats than other parties:
- Brexit and the denial of democracy
- Sleaford & North Hykeham: Steeped in Lib Dem history and an important part of the Lib Dem revival
- Next priority – elect a second Green MP
- +++Breaking: Lib Dems given maximum £20k fine over 2015 General Election expenses
- Lib Dems to vote against Article 50 "stitch up"
- Why criminal records have to go? (Ben Andrew)
- Another late night waiting a by-election result: Lib Dems doing “better than expected” (Caron Lindsay)
- Trump and Johnson on the world stage. What could possibly go wrong? (Caron Lindsay)
- Paddick: Police conduct in exploiting victims “totally unacceptable” (NewsHound)
- Banning the burqa is not the answer (Edwin Moriarty)
- A compromise has been reached on felling of Whitcliffe oak trees - we need to learn the lessons
- Interesting Links for 09-12-2016
- Lib Dems only party to score vote increase in Parliamentary by-election as Labour falls to fourth
- An Ambulance Was Wasted On Me Last Night
- York in colour in 1950
- J'accuse Chris Grayling and Andrew Allner
- Telford & Wrekin UA, Horsehay & Lightmoor - 8th December 2016
- Lancaster BC, University & Scotsforth Rural - 8th December 2016
- Newcastle-under-Lyme BC, Madeley - 8th December 2016
- Tonbridge & Malling BC, Trench - 8th December 2016
- expats 9th Dec - 9:37am
Huw Dawson 9th Dec '16 - 9:19am....The Liverpool LD party are looking forwards to the likely Walton by-election. The people of Liverpool are increasingly sick...
- Ian Patterson 9th Dec - 9:31am
A necessary corrective to the Richmond Park hysteria. But good work anyhow in such a campaign, overlapping Richmond as it did.
- Alistair 9th Dec - 9:20am
Since when did BoJo care about Human Rights? He just wants to make the news.
- Huw Dawson 9th Dec - 9:19am
@Hugh P The Liverpool LD party are looking forwards to the likely Walton by-election. The people of Liverpool are increasingly sick of Labour in the...
- Arnold Kiel 9th Dec - 9:17am
First of all, thank you Katharine for your balanced views, always so diplomatically presented. I will never learn that. Glenn, matt, may I remind you...
- expats 9th Dec - 8:58am
Trying to make anything out of Sleaford, even on a 37% turnout (2015 GE 70% turnout) is farcical... Sleaford was staunch Tory even in Blair's...
Sat 10th Dec 2016
Mon 12th Dec 2016
Wed 14th Dec 2016
Thu 15th Dec 2016
Sun 18th Dec 2016