- A bad day for the Conservatives, Brooks Newmark and journalistic ethics
- By-election update: 47.2% swing in Guildford
- Ashcroft's poll of Lib Dem battleground seats: incumbency is alive and well but 2015 will be a survival election for the party
- Julian Huppert writes to Theresa May over Snoopers' Charter allegation: "I would expect you to issue a public correction and an apology at the earliest opportunity"
- ISIL Debate Open thread
- Cameron’s conference: Giveaway budgets are dead! Long live giveaway speeches! (Stephen Tall)
- Cameron and the Tories show us what Government by Daily Mail would look like (Caron Lindsay)
- Edward McMillan-Scott writes…Postscript: The Tory Conference – more Euro-sceptic than ever (Edward McMillan-Scott)
- The Independent View: Politicians don’t do enough to find out what we really want (Marion Hutcheson)
- Opinion: Human rights and all that jazz (Sophie Bridger)
- The Blood is The Life 02-10-2014
- Why do trains in children's books still go "chuff chuff"?
- Scrap Police Commissioners, Liberal Democrats Urge
- Wales UKIP MEP commits faux pas with public money
- Lord Bonkers' Diary: The Democratic Republic of Rutland
- West End Christmas Fortnight - book lantern making workshop now! @WEndChristmas
- Albert Dock/Merseyside Maritime Museum, Liverpool - What's Missing?
- Of course, it's your fault that politics is the preserve of lying toerags...
- Worth Reading 131: Launched at night for the last time
- The 8 women who have led Muslim majority countries
- John Roffey 2nd Oct - 11:13am
Yes - Matt, that would be the ideal - however the temptation to make more bizarre suggestions springs from the fact that there seems little...
- Joe Otten 2nd Oct - 11:00am
Two years ago, I would have understood this article. Today, with the economy growing - more strongly than other major economies, unemployment plummeting, and the...
- matt 2nd Oct - 10:51am
It is to late to sack Nick now that will just be seen as pure desperation in the electorates eyes. You can't hide Nick away...
- Jennie 2nd Oct - 10:50am
Frank Booth: in terms of preference perhaps people are judging not solely on how much they agree with a particular person but how competent they...
- Julian Tisi 2nd Oct - 10:50am
"But how many Tories would now prefer a coalition with UKIP? Most, by a large majority, I believe" Actualy the BBC asked that very question...
- Caron Lindsay 2nd Oct - 10:48am
Indeed. Something inside of me dies every time I hear Nick talking about how the Coalition has introduced the family income thing for foreign spouses.