- Opinion: Who will be paying if the government drops free over-75s TV licences: the BBC or the over-75s? (Jamie Shaw-Stewart)
- Opinion: Regaining lost trust – the five-year campaign trail ahead (Jim Williams)
- Opinion: Building homes has never been more important (Stephen Knight)
- Opinion: Should we bomb ISIS positions in Syria? (Mark Argent)
- Opinion: Revolution is not a dirty word (Toby MacDonnell)
- The SNP's double paradox
- EVEL is a terrible idea
- California Dreaming: Never Learn Not To Love
- Meeting with residents of Shaftesbury Place
- Coronation Park bench fire
- Leadership contest: responses from Tim and Norman
- Sandgate Escarpment: Planning Decision Meeting
- Councillors Advice Centre - Saturday 11th July
- Pedestrians should not be sharing space with cars in Kirkdale
- A great Gatley Festival Fun Day - right up until the moment the heavens opened!
- Jim Williams 7th Jul - 8:26am
Ah - the link was from Andrew. Sorry Andrew! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading it. I'm arguing for a dual focus on...
- Richard Underhill 7th Jul - 8:24am
We should also recognise briefly that this Speaker will modernise when he can, although too much support could endanger his position among some government backbenchers....
- Jim Williams 7th Jul - 8:21am
Kevin - thanks for writing; I'm glad you liked the piece. I suppose there are two or three different elements to 'moving on'. One is...
- Michael Hall 7th Jul - 8:16am
Whatever military action is taken against the terrorists in Syria is being taken to protect the civilian population by preventing the spread of an insane...
- Geo Meadows 7th Jul - 7:52am
Free licence for over-75s is a political decision and so obviously should come out of the government's budget. Clever George for effectively cutting the BBC...
- Jim Williams 7th Jul - 7:48am
Matthew - thanks for both comments. If we want to win back even a part of what we've lost, then we need both clear policy...