- Live updates from the Witney count
- +++Witney result: Biggest Con to Lib Dem swing since the 1997 Winchester by-election.
- Canada-EU non-deal - dramatic collapse of the shining example for a post-Brexit future held up by the leavers
- Independent: "The Lib Dems could steal David Cameron's seat tomorrow"
- Alistair Carmichael MP writes...Sometimes it is not a bad thing to be an elitist!
- Gary Lineker – a welcome voice of humanity (Paul Walter)
- The American people will not take kindly to being kept “in suspense” by Donald Trump (Paul Walter)
- Shas Sheehan challenges the government over Calais refugee crisis (Suzanne Fletcher)
- Lessons for Syria on post-conflict reconstruction (Ciaran McGonagle)
- Independent: “The Lib Dems could steal David Cameron’s seat tomorrow” (Caron Lindsay)
- Simon Shaw 23rd Oct - 10:30am
@John Peters "Go for it, you could become a sort of anti-UKIP party and solidify the view of the Lib Dems as a single issue...
- Denis Mollison 23rd Oct - 10:29am
I'm amazed at the lack of knowledge of the background over this trade deal in most of these comments. The proposed deal - CETA -...
- Simon Shaw 23rd Oct - 10:21am
@John Peters "Sovereignty has always resided with the people, not Parliament." That's a lovely sounding phrase, but how does it work exactly? In terms of...
- expats 23rd Oct - 10:12am
Pat 23rd Oct '16 - 9:27am............When a region of a country (Wallonia, Belgium) can hold the rest of the EU to ransom and ransack an...
- Glenn 23rd Oct - 9:57am
Paul, It's not a vague notion of sovereignty. It's about the nation state v the big vision of a super-state. Youth unemployment in Greece is...
- John Peters 23rd Oct - 9:48am
@Paul Walter Sovereignty has always resided with the people, not Parliament. For day to day purposes we are happy for Parliament to exercise that sovereignty...