- Eleven new Liberal Democrat peers announced
- Jo Swinson writes...Dissolution honours make the contribution of women look invisible
- Lib Dems could try to out-flank Corbyn from the left? Are you having a laugh? Oh, and quit the anonymous briefings...
- The crowded centre-left
- Why I'm not going to castigate Jeremy Corbyn over women only train carriages
- Sexual harassment and assault of women on trains must be taken more seriously (Paul Walter)
- Tim Farron MP writes…Liberal Democrats will work with anyone to reform the House of Lords (Tim Farron MP)
- Conference Countdown 2015: Human Rights motion – we need to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water (Paul Walter)
- Jo Swinson writes…Dissolution honours make the contribution of women look invisible (Jo Swinson)
- Lord Jim Wallace writes: New Lib Dem colleagues will campaign with me to reform House of Lords (Jim Wallace)
- Six of the Best 535
- Jeremy Corbyn is right again
- An absorbing news report on Nixon's 1972 re-election campaign
- Policy capture, busy work and the housing problem
- Ahmet Altan on Politics and Writing
- Is The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel a model for some of us in our old age?
- Transport pollution in the UK
- Why I dropped bags of rubbish outside Haringey Council...
- How Labour will top losing the election – By losing its own leadership contest?
- Crime and anti-social behaviour in Wood Green
- AndrewMcC 31st Aug - 2:59pm
david thorpe, I wish people on here would stop repeating the British Government's self-serving definition of "refugee" Here is the dictionary definition: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/refugee Refugees are...
- Mark Smulian 31st Aug - 2:57pm
Does anyone else remember the late Henry Young, who used to walk round Liberal assemblies with a tray suspended from his neck selling pamphlets of...
- BruceK 31st Aug - 2:56pm
IIRC, Denis Healey stood as a candidate in 1945, but not 1950. I should think that is the reason for the wording.
- Lee_Thacker 31st Aug - 2:50pm
Sorry, that should be "Foote-Wood"
- Bill le Breton 31st Aug - 2:49pm
Well done Sue. For the 1996 publication: *Why I Am a Liberal Democrat*, I wrote: A very liberal haiku Because restrictions rankle boundaries limit privilege...
- Lee_Thacker 31st Aug - 2:47pm
I felt the same way Maria, the article is not very well written. The headline is Walter James: Last Surviving 1950 General Election Candidate According...