- Liberal Democrats must enthusiastically occupy the clear pro EU space - nobody else will
- Nicola Sturgeon appoints controversial Brexit Minister
- Vince Cable writes: What Brexit means
- Renationalising the railways is trendy but not smart
- Andrew George writes...Can progressives unite to defeat the Tories?
- Young, disabled and believed in (Matthew Clark)
- Baroness Jenny Randerson writes…Consumer rights should cover train franchises (Jenny Randerson)
- Two reports highlight ongoing need for feminism (Caron Lindsay)
- Open Britain divides opinion (Joe Otten)
- Nuclear weapons policy: the zero option (Kevin White)
- The Blood is the Life for 31-08-2016
- Coming soon: Nick the PhD student
- The EU does something which single states cannot
- Labour MP loses the plot over expenses proposal
- Southport – Manchester Trains – Please support this petition
- We all (including companies) need to pay our taxes or public services will suffer.
- Friends of Balgay Summer Meeting
- Labour and the Lib Dems are taking the boundary review a wee bit lightly
- Royal Northumberland Yacht Club - Heritage Open Days 2016
- Gladstone Books, Southwell
- Jenny Barnes 31st Aug - 3:35pm
"Leave did repeated polling and knew what to focus on to win, which they did. " And of course the sample was completely representative? and...
- nvelope2003 31st Aug - 3:35pm
Expats: It is not clear what the £222 million dividends relate to as the company has other activities. It has stated that it does not...
- Eduardo Reyes 31st Aug - 3:30pm
Some very interesting comments above, and I realise people are also now debating with each other, but just a reminder that the original proposition is...
- David Raw 31st Aug - 3:28pm
@ Barry Snelson, Given that I have Mackem Sympathies (Granddad was down the pit at Hetton-le-Hole) , I enjoyed your comments about the toon !!
- Stevan Rose 31st Aug - 3:25pm
@expats. I'm not criticising Network Rail, I'm asking what culpability they have (if you want to include their defunct predecessor fine but what does that...
- Glenn 31st Aug - 3:18pm
They'll stay put in Labour and whinge. The thing is people don't really vote for MPs in general election or that often in local election....