The amendment, which seeks to amend a clause in Section 10 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, declares that the Boundary Commissions reviews will not take place until….2018. Yes, you read that right, 2018.
The move is Labour’s attempt to get certainty for the whole PPC selection process and crucially means that a whole cycle of boundary reviews is killed off (as opposed to getting it in place after 2015)…
The amendment (which will appear tomorrow on the Order Paper) has not just Labour signatories. It has also been signed by Plaid peer Lord Wigley…and Liberal Democrat heavyweight Lord Rennard.
- Canada-EU non-deal - dramatic collapse of the shining example for a post-Brexit future held up by the leavers
- ++BREAKING NEWS : Zac Goldsmith has resigned as MP for Richmond Park
- +++Witney result: Biggest Con to Lib Dem swing since the 1997 Winchester by-election.
- Live updates from the Witney count
- Witney scale swing to Lib Dems would wipe out Conservative majority
- Reasons to doubt Zac Goldsmith will be re-elected (Chris Key)
- Brexit is a war already lost (Phil Aisthorpe)
- In the mayoral election, why did Zac Goldsmith get such a low vote in his own backyard? (Lester Holloway)
- Tim Gordon writes….Reminder that nominations close for party internal elections on 2 November (Tim Gordon)
- It beggars belief that Brexit has escaped basic parliamentary democracy (Paul Carroll)
- Ukip backs Zac Goldsmith in Richmond Park by-election
- Lib Dems suspend Jenny Tonge; she quits party
- What's happening in UK Politics today?
- Richmond Park up and Running
- Updatey McUpdateface: Phone
- Watch what the local residents have to say about the #StMichaelsGateSAGA
- My visit to Safe Regeneration at St Mary's Hub Bootle
- Kirkburton TC, Lepton - 27th October 2016
- Bootle, Lydiate, all over South Sefton and beyond – Why Pubs are closing at an alarming rate – CAMRA
- Is this the last chance saloon for Welsh devolution?
- J Dunn 27th Oct - 9:25pm
This is excellent news. Didn't realise that Ukip had endorsed Zac Goldsmith. I might even consider renewing my lapsed Ukip membership for a couple of...
- paul barker 27th Oct - 9:03pm
I was there this afternoon & its a lovely place, lots of autumn leaves, clouds of parakeets & a gorgeous sunset. I reccomend it to...
- Peter Chambers 27th Oct - 8:59pm
@Kim Spence-Jones Well done for noting that the first referendum was long ago, and the second was this year. Do you think Gove, Farage et...
- Roger Billins 27th Oct - 8:36pm
Zac Goldsmith is the ultimate handsome rich boy but their time has passed-people are no longer interested in celebrity qualities in their politicians. He should...
- J Dunn 27th Oct - 8:14pm
"The party political use of the once in a generation referendum where no one seems to know the rules of information accuracy and what to...
- Lorenzo Cherin 27th Oct - 8:03pm
Chris , an excellent article ,but well done to Ben ,on this Bosnia parallel or aping of Boris Johnson comments, highly irrelevant and inappropriate ,...
Thu 27th Oct 2016
Sat 29th Oct 2016
Wed 2nd Nov 2016
Thu 3rd Nov 2016
Wed 9th Nov 2016
Thu 10th Nov 2016
Fri 11th Nov 2016
Tue 15th Nov 2016
Thu 17th Nov 2016
Sat 19th Nov 2016
Thu 24th Nov 2016