The amendment, which seeks to amend a clause in Section 10 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, declares that the Boundary Commissions reviews will not take place until….2018. Yes, you read that right, 2018.
The move is Labour’s attempt to get certainty for the whole PPC selection process and crucially means that a whole cycle of boundary reviews is killed off (as opposed to getting it in place after 2015)…
The amendment (which will appear tomorrow on the Order Paper) has not just Labour signatories. It has also been signed by Plaid peer Lord Wigley…and Liberal Democrat heavyweight Lord Rennard.
- ++ Breaking...Willie Rennie: I hope that fair minded people will give Alistair Carmichael a second chance
- Statement from Alistair Carmichael following leak inquiry
- Why calling for HQ staff to be sacked is unacceptable and will not be tolerated on LDV
- LibLink: Ryan Coetzee: The Liberal Democrats must reunite, rebuild or remain in opposition
- Lynne Featherstone writes...Why I'm backing Norman Lamb for leader
- We need to be impatient to end the scourge of rough sleeping (Paul Walter)
- Opinion: We need votes at 16 for the EU referendum (Alfred Motspur)
- Baroness Susan Kramer writes…Why I’m backing Elaine Bagshaw for Tower Hamlets Mayor (Susan Kramer)
- Norman Lamb MP writes: I want us to lead the way in Parliament to allow assisted dying (Norman Lamb MP)
- Opinion: Issues for the promised party governance review (Iain Donaldson)
- Come and talk about Liberal/Green co-operation
- Robert Herrick and Richard III
- An Alternative/No Lies Look at the Queen's Speech
- Liberal Democrat response to government programme announced today
- Your chance to quiz Thameslink
- Flags lowered to half mast in memory of duck who lived for 25 years in Compton Martin pond
- In praise of Cllr Erica Kemp CBE ...Part 4!
- On The Rambles of Neil Monnery alternative Queen's Speech...
- Changes Proposed for Station Road
- John Innes 28th May - 8:43am
I would vote for Tim Farron's priority.
- expats 28th May - 8:33am
Glenn 27th May '15 - 11:30pm ................I worked with a night shelter for a couple of weeks, mainly reorganising their filing system. A lot of...
- Peter Watson 28th May - 8:20am
Matthew Huntbach "The line “we’ll give a brain to a Labour government and a heart to a Conservative one” was NOT neutral." I agree entirely....
- Ian Sanderson (RM3) 28th May - 8:19am
One policy, however well-intentioned, is hardly 'recognition'. As an SAO. ALDES is an integral part of the the Liberal Democrats, and has undertaken the role...
- JohnTilley 28th May - 8:12am
What a good speech! Anyone who believed all that guff about only being a party of protest before 2010 should read through the biography (so...
- Ian Hurdley 28th May - 7:53am
As a Catholic I have very serious reservations about such a move. At the same time I accept that many poeople, perhaps most, not sharing...
Thu 28th May 2015
Fri 29th May 2015
Sat 30th May 2015
Sun 31st May 2015
Mon 1st Jun 2015
Tue 2nd Jun 2015
Wed 3rd Jun 2015
Thu 4th Jun 2015
Fri 5th Jun 2015
Sat 6th Jun 2015
Mon 8th Jun 2015
Tue 9th Jun 2015
Wed 10th Jun 2015
Thu 11th Jun 2015
Fri 12th Jun 2015
Sat 13th Jun 2015
Wed 17th Jun 2015
Thu 18th Jun 2015
Sat 20th Jun 2015
Sun 21st Jun 2015
Thu 25th Jun 2015