The amendment, which seeks to amend a clause in Section 10 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, declares that the Boundary Commissions reviews will not take place until….2018. Yes, you read that right, 2018.
The move is Labour’s attempt to get certainty for the whole PPC selection process and crucially means that a whole cycle of boundary reviews is killed off (as opposed to getting it in place after 2015)…
The amendment (which will appear tomorrow on the Order Paper) has not just Labour signatories. It has also been signed by Plaid peer Lord Wigley…and Liberal Democrat heavyweight Lord Rennard.
- As hate crime rises, Farron and Pidgeon visit vandalised Polish Centre (Caron Lindsay)
- Progress in York – our report back after 12 months in joint administration (Keith Aspden)
- The Liberal approach to immigration (Holly Matthies)
- Controlled migration with free movement – squaring the circle (Stevan Rose)
- Lord Paul Tyler writes…An early general election (Paul Tyler)
- Tenth Doctor audio adventures, with Donna Noble!
- On the next step for the Lib Dems and finally regaining that all important identity...
- The Battle of the Somme commemoration Southport 2016
- Brexit tears
- Pollster who got referendum right points to Remain winning 2nd referendum
- Conservatives – Reckless, Divisive, Isolated and Dangerous
- Sefton Council's Leading Lights do not impress visiting resident to a Council meeting
- The Blood is the Life for 01-07-2016
- Help us fight for the EU
- Steve Comer 1st Jul - 7:31pm
Good move by Tim to visit the centre with Caroline. I`m also pleased to see him openly attacking Farage over the posters as Guy Verhofstadt...
- petermartin2001 1st Jul - 7:14pm
@ Alison, With all due respect to you I would say you are making the very usual mistake of equating being pro-EU with being pro-Europe....
- Richard Gadsden 1st Jul - 7:07pm
@Eddie, to be fair, Manchester had a lot of near-empty terraces to pull down for mid-rise and a lot of brownfield. But the real differences...
- Roland 1st Jul - 7:03pm
then there could be a general election in November. Expect UKIP to fully utilise the opportunity to mobilise it's new found pool of voters; you...
- Roger Heape 1st Jul - 6:55pm
Peter good to have a thread on rural matters.I see a major opportunity for the Lib Dems post Brexit in coming up with proposals to...
- Chris Rennard 1st Jul - 6:48pm
The debate (shown in Paul Tyler’s link in his comment above) shows how clueless some of the Ministers in the Lords are these days! They...
Sun 3rd Jul 2016
Mon 4th Jul 2016
Tue 12th Jul 2016
Wed 13th Jul 2016
Thu 14th Jul 2016
Sun 24th Jul 2016