The amendment, which seeks to amend a clause in Section 10 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, declares that the Boundary Commissions reviews will not take place until….2018. Yes, you read that right, 2018.
The move is Labour’s attempt to get certainty for the whole PPC selection process and crucially means that a whole cycle of boundary reviews is killed off (as opposed to getting it in place after 2015)…
The amendment (which will appear tomorrow on the Order Paper) has not just Labour signatories. It has also been signed by Plaid peer Lord Wigley…and Liberal Democrat heavyweight Lord Rennard.
- We need to focus on things which tangibly improve lives (Rob Parsons)
- +++BREAKING NEWS+++ Time for “slow news”? (Paul Walter)
- Assad, Appeasement, Aleppo and the Collapse of International Law (Jonathan Brown)
- Lord Roger Roberts write…highlighting the plight of child refugees (Lord Roger Roberts)
- Women in high places: senior female role models are essential in business and politics (Emily Fermor)
- Maidstone council suspends its litter wardens after woman is fined for feeding 'imaginary' ducks
- The Blood is the Life for 01-10-2016
- Rosetta with Europe or Blue Streak alone
- Donald Trump appeared in a porn video
- Brexit – How Much! (said with a Yorkshire accent of course)
- The top five people who ruined the Labour Party
- Riverside Approach : road improvements
- Interesting Links for 01-10-2016
- Human rights: what could be more British than that?
- Michael Elwyn, Corin Redgrave and The Newcomers
- malc 1st Oct - 4:19pm
My comment above was for paul barker.
- malc 1st Oct - 4:17pm
""4 people have been murdered by Brexit fans so far, 3 of them immigrants killed by mobs in the street." Unfortunately groups of young thugs...
- Ben Midgley 1st Oct - 4:15pm
The only alas is the condition of the people and the lame deflections everyone keeps coming up with to avoid dealing with the actual issue.
- Steve Trevethan 1st Oct - 4:03pm
Alas, the current cruelties in Syria are part of a series of hybrid wars which are a strategic policy of the US. US General Wesley...
- Martin Land 1st Oct - 2:57pm
@ for the same reasons I believe that every England manager isn't up to the job. Simple lack of talent. Running a division is not...
- David-1 1st Oct - 2:51pm
Why not have the rationale be one of making the constituencies as socially and politically diverse as possible, or (to put it another way) one...
Mon 3rd Oct 2016
Tue 4th Oct 2016
Thu 6th Oct 2016
Fri 7th Oct 2016
Sat 8th Oct 2016
Tue 11th Oct 2016
Wed 12th Oct 2016
Thu 13th Oct 2016
Sat 15th Oct 2016
Thu 20th Oct 2016
Sat 22nd Oct 2016
Wed 26th Oct 2016
Sat 29th Oct 2016