The amendment, which seeks to amend a clause in Section 10 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, declares that the Boundary Commissions reviews will not take place until….2018. Yes, you read that right, 2018.
The move is Labour’s attempt to get certainty for the whole PPC selection process and crucially means that a whole cycle of boundary reviews is killed off (as opposed to getting it in place after 2015)…
The amendment (which will appear tomorrow on the Order Paper) has not just Labour signatories. It has also been signed by Plaid peer Lord Wigley…and Liberal Democrat heavyweight Lord Rennard.
- Lord Paul Strasburger writes…Report shows that nobody thinks Home Office is right on investigatory powers (Paul Strasburger)
- With his Trident stance Corbyn shows himself to be no fan of ‘new politics’ (David Thorpe)
- Lib Dems disagree on EU referendum date (Caron Lindsay)
- Political disconnect in Calais and Dunkirk (Bradley Albrow)
- Don’t be left voiceless (Thomas Shakespeare)
- York conference motions published in full along with other key consultations
- Thank you! Stockport courthouse saved
- A People's Peace for Cyprus, by Alexander Lordos, Erol Kaymak and Nathalie Tocci
- W1A: The Complete Series 1 and 2
- A fascinating panel debate on the British General Election of 2015
- Shropshire's new council leader is determined your voice won't be heard at council meetings
- Request Blog 2 of 2: Top Gear for el_staplador
- Hornby Trains in trouble
- Bird's eye view of Liverpool's waterways
- RC 11th Feb - 9:14pm
@ Victor Grayson "RC-what effect would UK leaving EU have on the exchange rate between the pound and the euro ?" Well, as stated elsewhere,...
- Barry Snelson 11th Feb - 9:12pm
Mick, Some of us can remember only too well the days of 'Sunny Jim Callaghan' but I am struggling to recall a Golden Age where...
- RC 11th Feb - 9:10pm
@ Peter Martin. "You might like to acquaint yourself with Wynne Godley’s theory of sectoral balances before making such pronouncements. The concept isn’t that difficult."...
- Philip 11th Feb - 9:05pm
With the utmost respect to readers here, if the Lib Dems are all for making the UK a part of an EU "super-state", which ultimately...
- David Raw 11th Feb - 8:55pm
If Trident was that wonderful, the Germans, the Australians, the Belgians, The Danes, the Swedes, the Italians, the Brazilians et al et al would want...
- Paul Holmes 11th Feb - 8:54pm
Agree absolutely with Mick Taylor. Our 3 most successful elections in the best part of a hundred years were those of 1997, 2001 and 2005...
Thu 11th Feb 2016
Sat 13th Feb 2016
Tue 16th Feb 2016
Thu 18th Feb 2016
Fri 19th Feb 2016
Sat 20th Feb 2016
Thu 25th Feb 2016
Sat 27th Feb 2016
Sun 28th Feb 2016
Mon 29th Feb 2016
Thu 3rd Mar 2016
Sat 5th Mar 2016