The amendment, which seeks to amend a clause in Section 10 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, declares that the Boundary Commissions reviews will not take place until….2018. Yes, you read that right, 2018.
The move is Labour’s attempt to get certainty for the whole PPC selection process and crucially means that a whole cycle of boundary reviews is killed off (as opposed to getting it in place after 2015)…
The amendment (which will appear tomorrow on the Order Paper) has not just Labour signatories. It has also been signed by Plaid peer Lord Wigley…and Liberal Democrat heavyweight Lord Rennard.
- Three ways our democracy is being undermined (Toby MacDonnell)
- Johnny Oates tells House of Lords about his experience of depression (The Voice)
- Holding Kirsty to account (Energlyn Churchill)
- Why I’ve just joined the Liberal Democrats (Tom Sutton)
- We are all leaders (Alex Hegenbarth)
- Campaign Diary: Day 9 - I have a Candidate Manager
- Plans for new restaurant and apartments on Tower Street replacing One Stop and the Post Office
- Vince Cable will be in Harborough on Thursday
- Tim Farron listens to Straight Outta Compton for the first time
- A rather timely video from the Electoral Commission
- What the Lib Dems can learn from the SNP
- Maghull in Bloom – Preparing for the summer
- The Blood is the Life for 29-05-2016
- What a holiday in England in May tells me about the EU referendum result
- See what happened with a Disney animated a political advert
- Richard Underhill 29th May - 9:55pm
Dan Snow led an analysis of the Battle of Jutland, with the help of the Royal Navy, shown on BBC2 at 9 pm on 29/5/2016....
- Simon Banks 29th May - 9:33pm
I disagree with David when a full-scale round of elections is on. Imagine two adjacent wards, one where we could take a seat, the other...
- Simon Banks 29th May - 9:24pm
Is the human brain a psychoactive substance? Can I buy it in Body Shop?
- Allan Heron 29th May - 8:26pm
I think that's an accurate assessment by John of where we find ourselves. At best, we stood still but being able to advance remains a...
- David Raw 29th May - 8:07pm
@ Dave Orbison Agree with every word you say, Dave. As an elected member five times (and as a Cabinet member) I have seen the...
- John Barrett 29th May - 8:03pm
"Near demise" is an accurate description of May's results. We did gain two constituencies, but we lost two list seats. Even the best spin by...
Mon 30th May 2016
Tue 31st May 2016
Thu 2nd Jun 2016
Sun 5th Jun 2016
Thu 16th Jun 2016
Sat 18th Jun 2016
Sat 25th Jun 2016