The amendment, which seeks to amend a clause in Section 10 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, declares that the Boundary Commissions reviews will not take place until….2018. Yes, you read that right, 2018.
The move is Labour’s attempt to get certainty for the whole PPC selection process and crucially means that a whole cycle of boundary reviews is killed off (as opposed to getting it in place after 2015)…
The amendment (which will appear tomorrow on the Order Paper) has not just Labour signatories. It has also been signed by Plaid peer Lord Wigley…and Liberal Democrat heavyweight Lord Rennard.
- Lloyd George becomes Prime Minister 6th December 1916 (Lord Roger Roberts)
- Stick to the values to win the war (Tom Arms)
- Brexit and the denial of democracy (Paul Sagar)
- Dutch “Liberal” VVD cosying up to the Tories and distancing itself from “European” Liberals (Bernard Aris)
- How the UK economy’s key sectors link into the EU’s single market (Arnold Kiel)
- Interesting Links for 07-12-2016
- Thoughts on the Richmond Park By-Election
- Friendship Is The Greatest thing On Earth
- A Stoic With Depression
- Four possible Parliamentary by-elections in the offing
- Clarke and Dawe - It's all going terribly well
- Six of the Best 648
- Fake News and the Age of Cynicism.
- REVEALED... How the Tories chased their voters in Richmond Park
- Young Fogey
- Arnold Kiel 7th Dec - 8:31am
Dear Annabel, apparently, you are a lawyer. That is good for you, because after Brexit you will be able to indulge in British legal philosophy...
- Fiona 7th Dec - 7:55am
@David, I definitely think a lot of the referendum result was down to the public being fed-up, and feeling like they're being left behind by...
- David Pearce 7th Dec - 7:42am
Andrew McCaig, "Simply voting the whole process down in parliament would be that. Sarah Olney has a mandate to do that since she stood specifically...
- Bilal 7th Dec - 6:46am
What the media and the polling and betting pundits have overlooked is glaring: UKIP and the Tories are going to split the 60% Brexit vote...
- David Pearce 7th Dec - 6:45am
Lot of very odd comments above which seem to have little to do with the article. To my recollection the libs have always been a...
- Catherine Jane Crosland 7th Dec - 5:49am
Matt - I'm afraid some people do seem to have short, or selective, memories, don't they?
Thu 8th Dec 2016
Sat 10th Dec 2016
Mon 12th Dec 2016
Thu 15th Dec 2016