The amendment, which seeks to amend a clause in Section 10 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, declares that the Boundary Commissions reviews will not take place until….2018. Yes, you read that right, 2018.
The move is Labour’s attempt to get certainty for the whole PPC selection process and crucially means that a whole cycle of boundary reviews is killed off (as opposed to getting it in place after 2015)…
The amendment (which will appear tomorrow on the Order Paper) has not just Labour signatories. It has also been signed by Plaid peer Lord Wigley…and Liberal Democrat heavyweight Lord Rennard.
- ++ Coup for Ukip as Tory MP Carswell defects, triggers by-election in Clacton
- Opinion: Time for change. Time for a Liberal Revival: my manifesto for Party President
- Better Together can always make a better ad. Alex Salmond can not give us a better currency option than we have being part of the UK
- Yes Scotland is a bit late to realise that Wings over Scotland is bad news.
- The 3 Lib Dem seats where the Greens are a threat
- An email on counter-terrorism measures from a Liberal Democrat should not make me despair… (Caron Lindsay)
- Opinion: Why I rejoined the Liberal Democrats (Anthony Vaughan)
- Opinion: How about some real fairness in our tax system? (Iain Donaldson)
- Caron’s Sunday Selection: Must-read articles from the Sunday papers (Caron Lindsay)
- What if… David Davis had won the Tory leadership contest in 2005? (Stephen Tall)
- My youngest daughter speaks
- #HilaryDuff #SurvivingSummer
- East Midlands Trains says "Watch Your Step"
- An email from a Liberal Democrat on counter-terrorism should not make me despair...
- Homophobic monks make the Fortean Times
- Simon Titley
- Ed Davey launches five good ideas - but there's a flaw
- Pre-Order Tales Of The Great Detectives Today!
- Of course sterlingisation and debt default would mean we would pay more for our mortgages, loans and credit cards #indyref
- Addendum to Lock-In Review
- Allan 2nd Sep - 7:02am
I accept I may be wrong but Scotland wishes a share of assets if they decide in favour of independence surely if they do not...
- Caractatus 2nd Sep - 6:21am
"The tug o war is between those who see larger airports as the key to economic growth and" ..... those who think there are better...
- Iain Donaldson 2nd Sep - 5:53am
Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate that others have already answered some of the points raised in the original article, but I feel that...
- Caractatus 2nd Sep - 5:38am
Ah yes, remember when we used to get the badly written weekly email from the leader - what happened to that, dropped because it was...
- Colin 2nd Sep - 4:58am
“Don’t think. Don’t bother with the details. You don’t have time to research the arguments; you are too busy, and there’s not enough time, and...
- Richard Dean 2nd Sep - 4:12am
I wonder if part of the solution Dave Page seeks is to provide more information, not less, about the reality of life for jihadists in...
Thu 4th Sep 2014
Sat 6th Sep 2014
Tue 9th Sep 2014
Thu 11th Sep 2014
Sat 13th Sep 2014
Tue 16th Sep 2014
Wed 17th Sep 2014
Wed 24th Sep 2014
Thu 25th Sep 2014
Sat 27th Sep 2014