The amendment, which seeks to amend a clause in Section 10 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, declares that the Boundary Commissions reviews will not take place until….2018. Yes, you read that right, 2018.
The move is Labour’s attempt to get certainty for the whole PPC selection process and crucially means that a whole cycle of boundary reviews is killed off (as opposed to getting it in place after 2015)…
The amendment (which will appear tomorrow on the Order Paper) has not just Labour signatories. It has also been signed by Plaid peer Lord Wigley…and Liberal Democrat heavyweight Lord Rennard.
- Lib Dem MPs were right not to play Labour's silly games over the Bedroom Tax
- Opinion: Universal Basic Income is the way forward for the Liberal Democrats
- Our worst nightmare? Peter Kellner's scenario 3: "Lib Dems choose who's the PM"
- "The best opinion poll I've seen in a long time" says Nick Clegg
- By-election update: Gains on the year
- Time to lambast the economic stupidity of Tory posturing on immigration (Paul Walter)
- Paul Tyler writes… In defence of piecemeal (Paul Tyler)
- Cochrane review: Vaping can help you quit smoking (Joe Otten)
- Opinion: Universal Basic Income is the way forward for the Liberal Democrats (Robin McGhee)
- Morrissey Progress Report – first thoughts (Caron Lindsay)
- Richard Dean 22nd Dec - 4:01pm
Where are the women?
- SIMON BANKS 22nd Dec - 3:46pm
I don't think it's "clutching at straws". This poll points to a relevant factor which should be taken into account along with the tendency of...
- Colin 22nd Dec - 3:29pm
@RC "Not being able to deliver a policy because you don’t have the money or MPs is not lying, it is not being able to...
- Richard Dean 22nd Dec - 3:13pm
Luddites ahoy? Here's an old joke ... The factory of the future will be run by a man and a dog. The man's job will...
- matt (Bristol) 22nd Dec - 2:44pm
Theakes, I think you have it with your last comment. As with Brown and the Labour party, the battle for the leadership of our party...
- RC 22nd Dec - 2:40pm
@ Malc. "I don’t like being lied too – tuition fees – and I don’t like Tory governments, but I got both from the LibDems...
Wed 31st Dec 2014
Sat 3rd Jan 2015
Wed 14th Jan 2015
Thu 15th Jan 2015
Fri 16th Jan 2015