The amendment, which seeks to amend a clause in Section 10 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, declares that the Boundary Commissions reviews will not take place until….2018. Yes, you read that right, 2018.
The move is Labour’s attempt to get certainty for the whole PPC selection process and crucially means that a whole cycle of boundary reviews is killed off (as opposed to getting it in place after 2015)…
The amendment (which will appear tomorrow on the Order Paper) has not just Labour signatories. It has also been signed by Plaid peer Lord Wigley…and Liberal Democrat heavyweight Lord Rennard.
- William Wallace writes a letter to a new member…. (Lord William Wallace)
- Speedy leaflet delivery (Jane Reed)
- So how is our vote share shaping up? (John Grout)
- Top of the Blogs: The Lib Dem Golden Dozen #469 (Caron Lindsay)
- Dear Lords – please attach a parachute to the Brexit Bill (Caron Lindsay)
- Europe: An Integrationist Backlash?
- Time running out to have your say on basis for Local Plan
- An Unreasonable Brexit could be fatal for the UK
- How what Corbyn is now doing is killing Labour.....forever
- Concern over closure of university adult learning classes
- Interesting Links for 20-02-2017
- Who is fooling who over Article 50?
- Market Harborough station with semaphore signals
- Abuse of Trust: Frank Beck and the Leicestershire Children's Homes Scandal by Mark D'Arcy and Paul Gosling
- I was in Sweden last week.....
- Sue Sutherland 20th Feb - 1:08pm
Thank you for your excellent report Alisdair but I have a few concerns. I realise that we need policies for the next election so work...
- Denis Loretto 20th Feb - 1:05pm
@Little Jackie Paper If you read the series of papers written by Nick Clegg on the brexit issue (http://www.libdems.org.uk/brexit-challenge) you will find as much as...
- Sue Sutherland 20th Feb - 12:40pm
Jane, I find your post immensely cheering! I have M.E. so can't do anything to help in Stoke except make a donation but am desperate...
- Sue Sutherland 20th Feb - 12:34pm
David Raw, I agree with you. We cannot be against Brexit without policies that address the real concerns of the people who voted Leave because...
- Lester Holloway 20th Feb - 12:29pm
Duncan Brack, your reply shows how far the Lib Dems have got to go on race equality. First, the 'Extending Opportunity' covered all equalities strands...
- Simon Banks 20th Feb - 12:14pm
Sorry - CORRECTION - "Why is general taxation "not viable" for NHS funding, but a health levy is?".
Mon 20th Feb 2017
Wed 22nd Feb 2017
Thu 23rd Feb 2017
Fri 24th Feb 2017
Tue 28th Feb 2017
Wed 1st Mar 2017
Thu 2nd Mar 2017
Fri 3rd Mar 2017
Sat 4th Mar 2017
Mon 6th Mar 2017
Thu 9th Mar 2017
Fri 10th Mar 2017
Mon 13th Mar 2017