The amendment, which seeks to amend a clause in Section 10 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, declares that the Boundary Commissions reviews will not take place until….2018. Yes, you read that right, 2018.
The move is Labour’s attempt to get certainty for the whole PPC selection process and crucially means that a whole cycle of boundary reviews is killed off (as opposed to getting it in place after 2015)…
The amendment (which will appear tomorrow on the Order Paper) has not just Labour signatories. It has also been signed by Plaid peer Lord Wigley…and Liberal Democrat heavyweight Lord Rennard.
- In Full: Tim Farron's speech: I love my country and I want it back from the nationalists
- Cole-Hamilton: Greens have no mandate to call for second Scottish independence referendum
- Electoral expenses allegations may have deep and game-changing implications
- The other songs the Lib Dems could have chosen at the end of Tim's speech...
- Here we go again...
- Lynne Featherstone writes: Smart consumers: the bedrock of the clean energy revolution (Lynne Featherstone)
- From selfies with Clegg to the Glee Club stage – my first Liberal Democrat conference (Rebecca Yates)
- Willie Rennie goes all Alice in Wonderland AND uses the F-word (Caron Lindsay)
- Brian Paddick writes…A government without a moral compass was always going to end up on the rocks. (Brian Paddick)
- Are all the Brexit Tories rock solid for the “precious union”? (Martin Roche)
- Interesting Links for 23-03-2017
- End of term report
- Clayton West Station signal box
- Six of the Best 677
- Sorry, I'm Doing all the bloggings today, but another small update...
- Extending the Kingsway Community Orchard
- Marking Labour's homework
- Sunday Conference Photos
- Dear Liberal Reform, declaring something is 'a solution' doesn't make it one
- New Planning Application Kenilworth Avenue
- Andy Coleby 23rd Mar - 7:51am
What a wonderful piece,Rebecca. I have been a Liberal/Liberal Democrat supporter since I was 15 when I learnt about the 1906-1908 Prime Minister Sir Henry...
- Thomas 23rd Mar - 7:32am
Well, the problem that nobody would want to read his article outside Libdem voters because after the Coalition he had no credibility left, unlike someone...
- Glenn 23rd Mar - 6:44am
Manfarang, I never said they didn't. And as I said, I do not have a problem with people not integrating. I merely pointing out the...
- Manfarang 23rd Mar - 3:24am
Lorenzo Interesting enough Wilders' mother is an Indo (mixed race Indonesian/European).
- Manfarang 23rd Mar - 3:12am
A senseless horrific attack. My thoughts and prayers for all the victims.
- Lorenzo Cherin 23rd Mar - 2:36am
Very powerful from Caron, and I should say as a Londoner having been a resident of Nottingham for some many years but often in the...
Thu 23rd Mar 2017
Fri 24th Mar 2017
Sat 25th Mar 2017
Thu 30th Mar 2017
Wed 5th Apr 2017
Thu 6th Apr 2017
Tue 11th Apr 2017