The amendment, which seeks to amend a clause in Section 10 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, declares that the Boundary Commissions reviews will not take place until….2018. Yes, you read that right, 2018.
The move is Labour’s attempt to get certainty for the whole PPC selection process and crucially means that a whole cycle of boundary reviews is killed off (as opposed to getting it in place after 2015)…
The amendment (which will appear tomorrow on the Order Paper) has not just Labour signatories. It has also been signed by Plaid peer Lord Wigley…and Liberal Democrat heavyweight Lord Rennard.
- Election diversity – as if by magic (Teena Lashmore)
- Could Rachel Johnson stand as a Lib Dem candidate? (Caron Lindsay)
- Raising tax for health and social care: National insurance or income tax? (Adam Corlett)
- Baroness Joan Walmsley writes….Tories ensure more taxation without representation (Joan Walmsley)
- In this campaign let’s not focus too hard on Brexit: other things matter to people too (Judy Abel)
- The importance of keeping the City rubbish and litter free
- Questions that need answering on Circuit of Wales project
- Temporary Traffic Order - Riverside Approach
- Interesting Links for 28-04-2017
- On the other side of the camera
- Election campaign day 10: my opponent is appointed
- Election campaign day 9: the election haircut
- How Theresa May could lose the general election (it's much more likely than the media think)
- Southern Rail compensation deadline looms - and guess what?
- Election campaign day 8: still no opposition candidate
- TonyH 28th Apr - 10:55am
The role of taxes is not just to raise revenue, but encourage or enhance 'good' behaviour, and discourage the 'bad', or activity which acts against...
- Simon Banks 28th Apr - 10:40am
My view on all-women shortlists and other kinds of positive discrimination (as opposed to positive action such as making particular efforts to offer training and...
- Roger Roberts 28th Apr - 10:26am
Victor Babu for Clwyd West - winner of Wales,best doctor award.
- Simon McGrath 28th Apr - 10:13am
You have missed out the next MP for Oxford West and Abingdon - Layla Moran http://www.libdems.org.uk/layla_moran
- expats 28th Apr - 10:12am
Andy Coleby 28th Apr '17 - 8:52am..............Good news about Rachel as any publicity is good publicity fof the Liberal Democrats as DisMay is hogging the...
- David Pocock 28th Apr - 10:11am
I would push to have the debates with two empty chairs. Fptp means only two parties can win and they won't debate, there is political...