The amendment, which seeks to amend a clause in Section 10 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, declares that the Boundary Commissions reviews will not take place until….2018. Yes, you read that right, 2018.
The move is Labour’s attempt to get certainty for the whole PPC selection process and crucially means that a whole cycle of boundary reviews is killed off (as opposed to getting it in place after 2015)…
The amendment (which will appear tomorrow on the Order Paper) has not just Labour signatories. It has also been signed by Plaid peer Lord Wigley…and Liberal Democrat heavyweight Lord Rennard.
- Jeremy Browne and his plan for the privileged
- What Jeremy Browne did - and DIDN'T - tell The Times about the Lib Dems
- Opinion: Regina v Nigel Evans should wake up MPs
- Jeremy Browne's 'Race Plan'. I've read it, so here's my review...
- Lib Dems: "Cyril Smith's acts were vile and repugnant and we have nothing but sympathy for those whose lives he ruined"
- Stephen Lloyd MP writes… Can good Religious Education build better communities? (Stephen Lloyd MP)
- Danny Alexander writes… Direct community engagement on Scotland’s future (Danny Alexander MP)
- Opinion: Liberalism – it’s not a set of policies, it’s a state of mind (Stephen Howse)
- Opinion: A liberal case for Regional Ministers (Mathew Hulbert)
- Opinion: Police use of the TASER – what counts as ‘reasonable force’? (Max Forza)
- Build up Blog: We'd go local down in Acapulco
- Winning Here Blog - Plan your Get Out The Vote campaign
- Cheaper Energy Notifications
- September 2014 reception class places - letters being sent out
- Victory for LibDems as European Parliament approves life-saving changes to lorry design
- The Blood is The Life 16-04-2014
- VIDEO: Happy Easter 2014: message from Nick Clegg
- Adult learning in the West End
- Concern over bogus callers
- Long lost penguin on display for Easter!
- Martin 16th Apr - 11:39am
Whether you want to call it "pedantic and argumentative" or not, it is clear that Simon Shaw has effectively called the bluff on Phyllis et...
- Phyllis 16th Apr - 11:37am
"JohnTilley 16th Apr '14 - 10:58am @Simon Shaw You are being very pedantic and argumentative again." Actually Simon is trying to deflect criticism away from...
- Stuart 16th Apr - 11:35am
@John Tilley "Certainly cannot disagree with this last point — I come from Manchester. So I often wear clothes which are light blue :-) "...
- Ian Sanderson (RM3) 16th Apr - 11:31am
@ John Tilley 'The list of 9 tasks from LDV in 2010. — Nick Clegg has already been given special responsibility for political and constitutional...
- uglyfatbloke 16th Apr - 11:31am
Has Danny sorted out what he's going to do for a job after next May?
- Helen Tedcastle 16th Apr - 11:29am
Matthew Huntbach " We are asked to be tolerant and accept diversity and be open to change and new ideas, but that ALWAYS seems to...