The amendment, which seeks to amend a clause in Section 10 of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act 2011, declares that the Boundary Commissions reviews will not take place until….2018. Yes, you read that right, 2018.
The move is Labour’s attempt to get certainty for the whole PPC selection process and crucially means that a whole cycle of boundary reviews is killed off (as opposed to getting it in place after 2015)…
The amendment (which will appear tomorrow on the Order Paper) has not just Labour signatories. It has also been signed by Plaid peer Lord Wigley…and Liberal Democrat heavyweight Lord Rennard.
- Review of 2014 European and Local Election Campaign
- ICM poll: Tories edge ahead of Labour, while Ukip collapse to 4th behind Lib Dems
- ++Breaking...Clegg: "We must axe Bedroom Tax"
- Tim Farron's Beveridge Lecture in full: "Let's say a huge yes to active, ambitious, liberal government and build a new consensus"
- The Lib Dems' 'bedroom tax' U-turn: new poll on what the voters think about it
- Martin Horwood writes …Tony Blair’s legacy (Martin Horwood)
- Opinion: Sustainability, where do we go from here? (Michael Taylor)
- Stephen Lloyd MP writes… The jobs agenda – a lot done, more still to do for single parents (Stephen Lloyd MP)
- The Independent View: This is the right time to drive forward integrated health and care (Simon Parker)
- Liberal Democrat amendment making revenge porn a crime to be debated today – watch Hannah’s story (Caron Lindsay)
- Authoritarianism and "Social Justice Warriors"
- James Fox, Mick Jagger and Cecil Beaton on the set of Performance
- Understanding the Putin regime in Russia
- St Mary's Road event coming up
- Garston Carnival - are you up for it?
- Frank Furedi: Paranoid Parenting 13 years on
- Is the noise driving you mad?
- Student loans and the economy
- Planning committee throws out plans for more than 200 houses in Ludlow
- Russell and liberalism 6: Individual liberty
- redndead 23rd Jul - 1:26am
G Its perfectly possible to support the principle bug at the same time recognise that realities of supply makes the outcome punitive and unsupportable. Its...
- JohnTilley 23rd Jul - 1:21am
ATF It was typo but Tiny Benn amused me too. Thanks for kind words.
- Geoff Crocker 23rd Jul - 12:17am
What I find puzzling Mark is how you and Stephen fail to understand why someone under siege and blockade and in a national prison camp...
- Richard Dean 23rd Jul - 12:01am
Apparently the present totals in the last 2 weeks are: Around 600 Palestinians killed and more than 3,600 wounded, mostly civilians About 30 Israelis killed,...
- Mark Pack 22nd Jul - 11:55pm
I always find it puzzling how people such as David Ward who clearly feel free passionately about the Palestinian cause can also cause it so...
- David Allen 22nd Jul - 11:52pm
"an insult, most of all, to those Palestinians who don't fire rockets" If (fill in whatever name you like) lived in Tel Aviv, would he...
Thu 24th Jul 2014
Sun 27th Jul 2014
Thu 31st Jul 2014
Sun 3rd Aug 2014
Thu 7th Aug 2014
Thu 14th Aug 2014