Sir Fred Goodwin, the former chief executive of the Royal Bank of Scotland who became a focal point for anger over the financial crisis, has obtained a super-injunction banning the media from identifying him as a banker.
The existence of the super-injunction was revealed today by John Hemming, a back-bench Liberal Democrat MP who tabled a question in Parliament about the gagging order.
Normally the media is forbidden from even reporting that a super-injunction exists but Parliamentary privilege allows MPs to speak on the floor of the House of Commons without risk of prosecution.
- Lord Roger Roberts write…highlighting the plight of child refugees (Lord Roger Roberts)
- Women in high places: senior female role models are essential in business and politics (Emily Fermor)
- Brexit: World War II without guns (Phil Aisthorpe)
- LDVideo: Liz Leffman: Come and help my campaign to save Oxfordshire’s NHS & bus services (Caron Lindsay)
- “Please offer me a seat” (Avril Coelho)
- Free local courses on money management
- Council seems unprepared for UBER, should Peterborough Taxi firms be worried?
- Crosby and Waterloo Blooming marvellousley
- Back to the energy smart meters
- Model Council Motion on Council Tax Referendums
- America Don't Do It!!
- All progressives should get behind Corbyn
- Maghull – One of those I can't quite belive what I have just seen moments
- Soft Brexit is a mirage
- Scottish Government suffers NHS defeat
- Duncan Brack 29th Sep - 7:19pm
Jean - I'm sorry about the problem you've been having. I've tried to replicate the issue, and I can't - it works OK even with...
- Eddie Sammon 29th Sep - 6:53pm
A political party's goal should be to win votes sustainably. I don't see how you get from that goal to wanting to carve out a...
- paul barker 29th Sep - 6:30pm
The whole point of the Labour/Toory duopoly was that it marginalised other voices, The Tories need Labour & Labour need The Tories. The decline &...
- Martin Land 29th Sep - 6:28pm
Emma Walmsley's problem is different. There is an increasing feeling that she is not up to the job and that GSK may be split up...
- bob sayer 29th Sep - 6:15pm
Hang on Paul...we still have a while to go and if we can encourage every Constituency to look for members ,you never know
- paul barker 29th Sep - 6:07pm
Great news but could we have an actual figure please ? On the downside, no Centre-Left Party has ever won a majority at Westminster with...
Thu 29th Sep 2016
Mon 3rd Oct 2016
Tue 4th Oct 2016
Thu 6th Oct 2016
Fri 7th Oct 2016
Sat 8th Oct 2016
Tue 11th Oct 2016
Wed 12th Oct 2016
Thu 13th Oct 2016
Sat 15th Oct 2016
Thu 20th Oct 2016
Sat 22nd Oct 2016
Wed 26th Oct 2016