Sir Fred Goodwin, the former chief executive of the Royal Bank of Scotland who became a focal point for anger over the financial crisis, has obtained a super-injunction banning the media from identifying him as a banker.
The existence of the super-injunction was revealed today by John Hemming, a back-bench Liberal Democrat MP who tabled a question in Parliament about the gagging order.
Normally the media is forbidden from even reporting that a super-injunction exists but Parliamentary privilege allows MPs to speak on the floor of the House of Commons without risk of prosecution.
- Opinion: Confused Britain
- Linda Jack drops out of race for party president
- Danny Alexander, not Vince Cable, designated Lib Dem shadow chancellor (oh, and no Lib Dem reshuffle)
- Is this the front page of the next Lib Dem manifesto?
- 10 Years on from The Orange Book: What should authentic liberalism look like?
- Lord Paul Tyler writes…Farce in the Lords (Paul Tyler)
- Norman Lamb MP writes…Liberal Democrats will fight relentlessly for NHS to have funding it needs (Norman Lamb MP)
- Opinion: Liberal Democrats in conversation, an Indiegogo campaign (Mark Bryceland)
- Opinion: In for a cent, in for a Euro? (Adam Killeya)
- Horwood and Burstow take part in Westminster Dog of the Year (The Voice)
- Pauline Pearce bids to be a Lib Dem Parliamentary candidate
- Farcical Southwark Cycle Strategy
- Ed Miliband under fire again
- CEO of @PeterboroughCC to Trek across #Sahara desert for @ShineUKCharity @athenenoctuara
- Liverpool – Strawberry Fields Gates
- "southport should seize chance to quit sefton"
- The ghost leak of Stroud Green road is nearly banished
- Tait's Lane - an update
- Private Sector Licensing
- Transforming innovation policy
- Simon McGrath 24th Oct - 11:09am
" the underlying message “politicians are all bad, don’t get involved” is the same one as the Orange Bookers" Can you point to any evidence...
- jedibeeftrix 24th Oct - 11:04am
It's a fine spoof. No problems from in that regard. I use pseudonym, and a deliberately silly one at that, so I could not complain...
- matt (Bristol) 24th Oct - 10:59am
"Anyone for Salmond as DPM in a Lab/SNP coalition?" Hmm. It's intriguing but I doubt it. But what about Salmond the MP candidate as joint...
- Paul in Wokingham 24th Oct - 10:54am
Quite amusingly I was looking at LDV via a US based server and the ad panel in the centre of the main page was an...
- AndrewR 24th Oct - 10:46am
Anyone for Salmond as DPM in a Lab/SNP coalition? Won't happen of course. The SNP objective will be to secure devo-max in exchange for some...
- Robin Wilde 24th Oct - 10:38am
I am not a member of the Liberal Democrats and never will be, but I wholeheartedly agree. The idea that elections and voting can't change...
Fri 24th Oct 2014
Sat 25th Oct 2014
Sun 26th Oct 2014
Tue 28th Oct 2014
Thu 30th Oct 2014
Fri 31st Oct 2014
Sat 1st Nov 2014
Thu 6th Nov 2014
Sat 15th Nov 2014
Mon 17th Nov 2014
Thu 20th Nov 2014