Sir Fred Goodwin, the former chief executive of the Royal Bank of Scotland who became a focal point for anger over the financial crisis, has obtained a super-injunction banning the media from identifying him as a banker.
The existence of the super-injunction was revealed today by John Hemming, a back-bench Liberal Democrat MP who tabled a question in Parliament about the gagging order.
Normally the media is forbidden from even reporting that a super-injunction exists but Parliamentary privilege allows MPs to speak on the floor of the House of Commons without risk of prosecution.
- Yes Scotland is a bit late to realise that Wings over Scotland is bad news.
- Note to agents: do not publish anything you learn at postal vote opening
- What do you think will be the result of the Scottish independence referendum? Your predictions, please...
- Pro-UK rally in Trafalgar Square at 6pm TONIGHT
- Is Mike Crockart voting Yes to Independence?
- Opinion: Getting serious about localism (Chris White)
- Scotland votes today: 8 things that have struck me about the independence campaign (Stephen Tall)
- Opinion: More powers are not on the ballot paper (Denis Mollison)
- Opinion: I sat on the fence for a long time (Rebecca Hanson)
- Race equality survey of presidential candidates (Lester Holloway)
- Liberalism 101 Part 2: Free Speech: What it is and What it isn't
- Phone Scotland
- How I would have voted in Scotland - and why I'm glad I didn't get a say
- The Blood is The Life 18-09-2014
- Liverpool/Merseyside's Emergency Planning Exercise
- Clegg missteps on the road to a Federal UK
- Some Good news about Sefton's Green Belt but are some silly games being played out?
- Lib Dems condemn grossly misleading District Council press release on parking
- The day is finally here...
- Charlie 18th Sep - 12:31pm
John Tilley Does it matter which school one went to? Based upon your logic Dowding who went to Winchester was incapable of running fighter command...
- JohnTilley 18th Sep - 12:24pm
Matthew Huntbach Not sure why you should make such a comment. I am certain that there is nothing in LDV thatmI have said that is...
- Gwyn Williams 18th Sep - 12:21pm
We are now starting to confront the real problem. Assuming the vote is NO today, how do we create a federation of England, Scotland, Wales...
- Tony Dawson 18th Sep - 12:17pm
@Tim13 " we have pushed “integrated campaigning” as a party" I often hear those who 'talk the talk' but the party has NOT 'walked the...
- Joe Otten 18th Sep - 12:16pm
A staple of council debates is that "we can't do X because fund Y has been abolished". Presumably it was always thus, with funds being...
- Eddie Sammon 18th Sep - 12:16pm
Reasonable points. I think an English grand committee is sensible, but I also think ultimately we have to deal with things such as Scottish MPs...
Thu 18th Sep 2014
Sat 20th Sep 2014
Wed 24th Sep 2014
Thu 25th Sep 2014
Sat 27th Sep 2014
Sun 28th Sep 2014
Tue 30th Sep 2014
Thu 2nd Oct 2014
Sat 4th Oct 2014
Thu 9th Oct 2014