Sir Fred Goodwin, the former chief executive of the Royal Bank of Scotland who became a focal point for anger over the financial crisis, has obtained a super-injunction banning the media from identifying him as a banker.
The existence of the super-injunction was revealed today by John Hemming, a back-bench Liberal Democrat MP who tabled a question in Parliament about the gagging order.
Normally the media is forbidden from even reporting that a super-injunction exists but Parliamentary privilege allows MPs to speak on the floor of the House of Commons without risk of prosecution.
- No, we didn’t call the flag nasty. (James Baker)
- Liberals gather in Bournemouth to pioneer new strategies to rebuild and win again (Liberal Democrat International Office)
- Dear English Party, is there something you’ve forgotten to do? (Caron Lindsay)
- The battle for a better Europe starts in Bournemouth (Liberal Democrat International Office)
- A woman’s place at Conservative Party Conference – walking with Dave, not talking on panels (Caron Lindsay)
- Great News from Scotland: Lib Dem gain from SNP!
- How can science policy help to deliver the global goals?
- A Quick Creativity Question For You
- Budget Consultation
- Momentum and the future of political parties
- Lib Dems gain council seat from SNP
- Is social media disconnecting politicians from voters?
- Hospital waiting list figures in Wales rise again
- Maghull to Netherton – So many speed limits!
- Labour's e-cigarette myth evaporates
- Andrew McCaig 9th Oct - 5:03pm
John Labour forgot to stand... They have stood before, but come 5th http://vote-2012.proboards.com/thread/6464/elections-7-8-october. theakes, you are correct about Independents but one suspects that in the...
- Stuart 9th Oct - 5:01pm
@"Psi" "I think I have given you enough opportunities to live up to certain internet stereotypes" From the author of the two posts directly above...
- expats 9th Oct - 4:45pm
............................The decision not to bomb Syria was taken by Cameron and myself and discussed across both sides of the Coalition. The logic was simple: there...
- John Marriott 9th Oct - 4:37pm
Good news; but what happened to Labour?
- Eddie Sammon 9th Oct - 4:00pm
I've read it and I don't really agree with it. This reluctance to use military force seems to stem from the likes of Neil Quilliam,...
- SIMON BANKS 9th Oct - 3:58pm
Maybe the Welsh party could run the English database?
Sun 11th Oct 2015
Wed 14th Oct 2015
Thu 15th Oct 2015
Fri 16th Oct 2015
Sat 17th Oct 2015
Sun 18th Oct 2015
Tue 20th Oct 2015
Thu 22nd Oct 2015
Sat 24th Oct 2015
Sun 25th Oct 2015
Thu 29th Oct 2015
Mon 2nd Nov 2015
Thu 5th Nov 2015