[Conservative MP for Enfield North] Nick de Bois cross-checked the names of constituents seeking his help to stay in the UK and found 21 out of a sample 100 had signed up for voting rights.
The Tory backbencher is calling on ministers to tighten registration rules, claiming it is harder to get a library card than a ballot paper…
The MP said some people get on the electoral roll just to obtain credit cards or commit financial fraud.
- If we’re going to oppose action in Syria, we should do so for the right reasons. (Austin Rathe)
- ++LDV Members’ Survey on Syria – 67% oppose airstrikes now BUT…(and it’s a big but..) (Caron Lindsay)
- ISIS: what is the real threat? (Nick Coates)
- Syrian conflict: Assad and the mirage of a diplomatic solution (Jonathan Brown)
- Campaigning with C.A.R. (Martin Veart)
- Vote AGAINST bombing Syria
- Local planning is dead in Shropshire after 215 houses and controversial footbridge are approved in Ludlow
- UNISON - Running with the Hare and with the Hounds
- John McDonnell: "Put that light out, Napoleon"
- Making the right decision on Syria
- Bombing Syria Will Achieve Nothing
- Recently lost railways 4
- Men in panda onesies carry out armed robbery in Lincolnshire
- [Doctor Who: The Glamour Chronicles] Deep Time, by Trevor Baxendale
- The case for bombing Syria – It could not be clearer!
- petermartin2001 1st Dec - 12:33am
Geoff, I like thought experiments but I wasn't so convinced by yours. It's essentially the same as imagining that we had a small community which...
- Dave Orbison 1st Dec - 12:22am
Austin "As a Liberal we should support effective military action where that will, overall save leaves and end tyranny ". Indeed who could possibly vote...
- Glenn 1st Dec - 12:12am
Personally, I think it's just not in Britain's interests to stay involved. None of plans for the ME look realistic and quite frankly even if...
- Alistair 1st Dec - 12:11am
Its probably legal for all of us to pop over to Switzerland and top ourselves in a dignitas clinic. Legal does not equal sensible...
- Richard Underhill 1st Dec - 12:01am
The vote is in the Commons on Wednesday. The bye-election in Oldham is on Thursday. Am I getting too cynical about the timing?
- Eddie Sammon 30th Nov - 11:57pm
PS, after this vote we need another one ASAP sanctioning Assad and Putin. No fly zones should be on the table. I just didn't want...