[Conservative MP for Enfield North] Nick de Bois cross-checked the names of constituents seeking his help to stay in the UK and found 21 out of a sample 100 had signed up for voting rights.
The Tory backbencher is calling on ministers to tighten registration rules, claiming it is harder to get a library card than a ballot paper…
The MP said some people get on the electoral roll just to obtain credit cards or commit financial fraud.
- Why Lib Dems shouldn't keep schtum about tuition fees
- Lord Rennard's membership of the Liberal Democrats restored by Party Committee
- Opinion: What Andy Burnham didn’t tell you about NHS privatisation
- Pauline Pearce: "Why I am not running for Lib Dem president"
- Gaza: Senior Lib Dems speak out against Hamas, urge continuing ceasefire; and Lib Dem Friends of Israel issue statement
- Opinion: Liberal Democrats for independence (Denis Mollison)
- Tim Farron: I want the Liberal Democrats to become the “gold standard” for the way voluntary organisations treat volunteers and staff (Tim Farron MP)
- Opinion: Kippers’ squeals show we are a more liberal country (Stuart Bonar)
- Danny Alexander: “We would all be diminished by Scottish independence” (NewsHound)
- Life on the Campaign Trail #1: Ibrahim Taguri, Brent Central (Ibrahim Taguri)
- American police are more trigger happy than British Criminals
- Property prices encore: London is still just a bit of an outlier...
- The growing controversy over Tower Hamlets
- The digital tax collectors
- Lessons from Rennard: don't judge Presidential candidates by their TV appeal
- So Chris Rennard is back...so where for me?
- Are modern bowlers really faster?
- It's lymphoma
- Chapel Street Chuggers-action at last
- Lord Bonkers' Diary: When sheep went through the lobbies
- Mack (Not a Lib Dem) 20th Aug - 3:21pm
@ Simon Shaw "Could you explain what part of either Labour’s or the Coalition Government’s Bedroom Taxes are backdated" Again you've missed the point. Labour's...
- Richard Dean 20th Aug - 3:18pm
A tiny little earthquake, that did no damage, and that might or might not have been caused by fracking, could easily turn into a huge...
- Richard Dean 20th Aug - 3:12pm
The slippery slope fallacy is what the proponents of climate change base their case on. A small change of temperature over a short time period...
- cogload 20th Aug - 3:01pm
You may expect the Unionists to be negotiating on the basis of minimal change re the pound. However your expectations are somewhat incorrect.
- Mack (Not a Lib Dem) 20th Aug - 2:59pm
@ Matt and Stuart I am attaching a link to an excellent summation of the contrasts between Labour's Housing Allowance ,2008 (What Simon Shaw call...
- Jayne Mansfield 20th Aug - 2:50pm
@ Daft ha' porth, Thank you for your informative post. It is greatly appreciated. You are correct, the reports are not terribly readable , especially...
Thu 21st Aug 2014
Fri 22nd Aug 2014
Sat 23rd Aug 2014
Mon 25th Aug 2014
Thu 28th Aug 2014
Fri 29th Aug 2014
Sat 30th Aug 2014
Sun 31st Aug 2014
Thu 4th Sep 2014
Sat 6th Sep 2014
Tue 9th Sep 2014
Thu 11th Sep 2014
Sat 13th Sep 2014
Tue 16th Sep 2014