[Conservative MP for Enfield North] Nick de Bois cross-checked the names of constituents seeking his help to stay in the UK and found 21 out of a sample 100 had signed up for voting rights.
The Tory backbencher is calling on ministers to tighten registration rules, claiming it is harder to get a library card than a ballot paper…
The MP said some people get on the electoral roll just to obtain credit cards or commit financial fraud.
- Good luck, Jeremy (Ed Fordham)
- Asylum: Let’s look at the numbers (Elwyn Watkins)
- Avoiding a ‘Munich moment’ (Steve Walpole)
- What if your boss could check your internet browsing history? (Daisy Cooper)
- “An Engaged and Constructive” policy for Europe (Mike Biden)
- So out of touch it struggled to find anyone on the minimum wage: Ed Miliband's Labour Party
- Disused railway stations in Wiltshire
- The Green Deal: "Cutting carbon is not a luxury to be ditched when the going gets tough!"
- Robert Conquest (1917-2015) wrote a limerick of genius
- Investigation into Chilham derailment
- Guardian reviews The Lone Pine Club
- Southport & Ormskirk NHS Trust – Management suspensions
- My take on the Labour leadership: enjoy Peak Corbyn, then prepare for Competent Cooper
- Do you want to hear about the real story behind the Calais migrant issues?
- Lancashire Life Magazine – Expansion at Seaforth Dock
- Steve Comer 5th Aug - 12:40am
The Labour Leadership contest is an odd one. Not only is it dragging on for months, but only two candidates - Jeremy Corbyn and Liz...
- Richard Stallard 5th Aug - 12:29am
Richard Underhil - To be honest, my involvement was (and is) more 'front end' than with regard to the courts and hearings side of it....
- Steve Comer 5th Aug - 12:26am
I was pleased to see Tim do this as well. It would also be good if he could go and talk to some of the...
- Judy Abel 4th Aug - 11:40pm
I am impressed that Tim went to see the problems in Calais for himself and to talk to people on the ground. That will give...
- David Evans 4th Aug - 11:23pm
Richard, I suggest you read the following for m the BBC Website dated Wednesday, 12 May 2010. It is one of many. David Cameron is...
- Richard Underhill 4th Aug - 11:17pm
Shirley Williams said that a young leader called Paddy Ashdown had trouble with soundbites, but he learned.
Wed 5th Aug 2015
Tue 11th Aug 2015
Thu 13th Aug 2015
Sat 15th Aug 2015
Sun 16th Aug 2015
Wed 19th Aug 2015
Thu 20th Aug 2015
Sat 22nd Aug 2015
Tue 25th Aug 2015
Wed 26th Aug 2015
Sat 29th Aug 2015
Tue 1st Sep 2015