[Conservative MP for Enfield North] Nick de Bois cross-checked the names of constituents seeking his help to stay in the UK and found 21 out of a sample 100 had signed up for voting rights.
The Tory backbencher is calling on ministers to tighten registration rules, claiming it is harder to get a library card than a ballot paper…
The MP said some people get on the electoral roll just to obtain credit cards or commit financial fraud.
- Undeclared Conservative election expenses unearthed by Channel 4 News
- Nick Clegg tells the inside story of how the Conservatives put party before country
- Willie Rennie gets the biggest cheer of the final Scottish Leaders' Debate
- The new Liberal Democrat Director of Campaigns and Elections is...
- Voting in the London elections - after 16 years voters are still confused
- The last risk I expected on polling day was sunstroke (Paul Walter)
- March with Medics Under Fire – ‘Newbie’ Saleyha Ahsan leads the way (Jonathan Brown)
- How Caroline Pidgeon would change London for the better (Caron Lindsay)
- Tim Farron MP writes…The Government must deliver for refugee children (Tim Farron MP)
- From new member to candidate – the Lib Dem newbies fighting their first election (Caron Lindsay)
- When do main opposition parties lose seats in council elections?
- Alan Moore on conspiracies
- Westminster LB, Church Street- 5th May 2016
- Hackney LB, Hackney Downs- 5th May 2016
- Stafford CC, Uttoxeter Town- 5th May 2016
- Hampshire CC, Headley- 5th May 2016
- Swansea UA, Mynyddbach- 5th May 2016
- East Hants DC, Clanfield & Finchdean- 5th May 2016
- Hackney LB, Stoke Newington- 5th May 2016
- Nuneaton & Bedworth, Exhall- 5th May 2016
- Eddie Sammon 6th May - 12:41am
Time for serious talks as soon as these results come in. My suggested topics for discussion: 1. Is a new leader required in Wales? 2....
- Stefan O 5th May - 11:39pm
Disappointed that the London assembly ballot did not appear to include the lib dems, only following a second look did I spot Caroline Pidgeon's Lib...
- Mary Reid 5th May - 11:38pm
Yes, it was wonderful. I was stuck in the Committee Room so didn't really get out to enjoy it properly, but people did come back...
- Katerina Porter 5th May - 11:34pm
I happened to know some Romanians who helped us against the Germans during the War, were imprisoned - and tortured - by the Communists after...
- Dan Falchikov 5th May - 11:03pm
My mole at the Reekie count suggests glum faces from SNP counting agents when the Edinburgh Western postal ballots were verified...
- Stevan Rose 5th May - 10:58pm
The reason my elderly mother gave her first preference to Goldsmith was that she did not believe the headline housing policy - firstly where is...