[Conservative MP for Enfield North] Nick de Bois cross-checked the names of constituents seeking his help to stay in the UK and found 21 out of a sample 100 had signed up for voting rights.
The Tory backbencher is calling on ministers to tighten registration rules, claiming it is harder to get a library card than a ballot paper…
The MP said some people get on the electoral roll just to obtain credit cards or commit financial fraud.
- WATCH: Hillary accept the Democratic nomination for President (Caron Lindsay)
- Wikipedia “edit-a-thon” on Liberal History (Janet Berridge)
- Mental health awareness was one of the reasons I became a Liberal Democrat (Dean Moore)
- Chosen trauma and memories of the war (Mark Argent)
- WATCH Michelle Obama endorse Hillary: “A leader worthy of all our kids’ promise” (Caron Lindsay)
- We must win Ludlow Foldgate Lane housing appeal next week - it's vital for our town and county
- Saturday reading
- Sefton Mill – A further update
- Parking problems for The Pentlands people
- Hinkley Point C and the UK renewables industry
- A Song for Saturday: The Connells - '74-'75
- Thank you for this simple but powerful representation of what can be achieved so simply.
- The Blood is the Life for 30-07-2016
- Tim Farron reselected
- Light in the Darkest Hour: Hands Across the Ocean
- Eddie Sammon 30th Jul - 9:05pm
Without shares a lot of money wouldn't simply "go into the real economy" but into vaults instead and global growth wouldn't be any high. In...
- Roland 30th Jul - 9:02pm
We must be honest here, when it comes to the EU, it is clearly a vehicle for German economic dominance, Disagree, the potential for Germany...
- Chris Key 30th Jul - 7:59pm
Martin Land I am sure there are many others like your son. I wish him well.
- Steve Treveth 30th Jul - 7:38pm
When returns on financial activities are higher than those from "real life" goods and services then money will be moved to the "finance economy" from...
- Richard Underhill 30th Jul - 6:13pm
ISBN 0 09 179527 3 page 304. Emily Bowen was mayor of Mitchellville. Primary runoff 196-8. called to say thanks. Received apology for the eight....
- Lorenzo Cherin 30th Jul - 6:06pm
Politics is so often merely a race to the top , let us each member , see that our leaders do not find it an...
Sat 30th Jul 2016
Mon 1st Aug 2016
Wed 3rd Aug 2016
Thu 4th Aug 2016
Sat 6th Aug 2016
Wed 10th Aug 2016
Thu 11th Aug 2016
Fri 12th Aug 2016
Sat 13th Aug 2016
Tue 16th Aug 2016
Thu 18th Aug 2016
Sun 21st Aug 2016
Sat 27th Aug 2016