[Conservative MP for Enfield North] Nick de Bois cross-checked the names of constituents seeking his help to stay in the UK and found 21 out of a sample 100 had signed up for voting rights.
The Tory backbencher is calling on ministers to tighten registration rules, claiming it is harder to get a library card than a ballot paper…
The MP said some people get on the electoral roll just to obtain credit cards or commit financial fraud.
- Election diversity – as if by magic (Teena Lashmore)
- Could Rachel Johnson stand as a Lib Dem candidate? (Caron Lindsay)
- Raising tax for health and social care: National insurance or income tax? (Adam Corlett)
- Baroness Joan Walmsley writes….Tories ensure more taxation without representation (Joan Walmsley)
- In this campaign let’s not focus too hard on Brexit: other things matter to people too (Judy Abel)
- The importance of keeping the City rubbish and litter free
- Questions that need answering on Circuit of Wales project
- Temporary Traffic Order - Riverside Approach
- Interesting Links for 28-04-2017
- On the other side of the camera
- Election campaign day 10: my opponent is appointed
- Election campaign day 9: the election haircut
- How Theresa May could lose the general election (it's much more likely than the media think)
- Southern Rail compensation deadline looms - and guess what?
- Election campaign day 8: still no opposition candidate
- TonyH 28th Apr - 10:55am
The role of taxes is not just to raise revenue, but encourage or enhance 'good' behaviour, and discourage the 'bad', or activity which acts against...
- Simon Banks 28th Apr - 10:40am
My view on all-women shortlists and other kinds of positive discrimination (as opposed to positive action such as making particular efforts to offer training and...
- Roger Roberts 28th Apr - 10:26am
Victor Babu for Clwyd West - winner of Wales,best doctor award.
- Simon McGrath 28th Apr - 10:13am
You have missed out the next MP for Oxford West and Abingdon - Layla Moran http://www.libdems.org.uk/layla_moran
- expats 28th Apr - 10:12am
Andy Coleby 28th Apr '17 - 8:52am..............Good news about Rachel as any publicity is good publicity fof the Liberal Democrats as DisMay is hogging the...
- David Pocock 28th Apr - 10:11am
I would push to have the debates with two empty chairs. Fptp means only two parties can win and they won't debate, there is political...