[Conservative MP for Enfield North] Nick de Bois cross-checked the names of constituents seeking his help to stay in the UK and found 21 out of a sample 100 had signed up for voting rights.
The Tory backbencher is calling on ministers to tighten registration rules, claiming it is harder to get a library card than a ballot paper…
The MP said some people get on the electoral roll just to obtain credit cards or commit financial fraud.
- Three ways our democracy is being undermined (Toby MacDonnell)
- Johnny Oates tells House of Lords about his experience of depression (The Voice)
- Holding Kirsty to account (Energlyn Churchill)
- Why I’ve just joined the Liberal Democrats (Tom Sutton)
- We are all leaders (Alex Hegenbarth)
- Vince Cable will be in Harborough on Thursday
- Tim Farron listens to Straight Outta Compton for the first time
- A rather timely video from the Electoral Commission
- What the Lib Dems can learn from the SNP
- Maghull in Bloom – Preparing for the summer
- The Blood is the Life for 29-05-2016
- What a holiday in England in May tells me about the EU referendum result
- See what happened with a Disney animated a political advert
- Latest on alleged Tory overspending at the 2015 general election
- Harris Academy FPs' Lunch
- David Raw 29th May - 8:07pm
@ Dave Orbison Agree with every word you say, Dave. As an elected member five times (and as a Cabinet member) I have seen the...
- John Barrett 29th May - 8:03pm
"Near demise" is an accurate description of May's results. We did gain two constituencies, but we lost two list seats. Even the best spin by...
- David Raw 29th May - 6:59pm
@ Paul Barker "Does Theakes know what sort of campaign it was ? " That seems to be inflating the word campaign. Whatever it was,...
- Paul Walter 29th May - 6:48pm
Glenn Panorama is on in peak time. ITV do not have a peak time current affairs programme. Tomorrow's Food is a science-based programme presented by...
- Dave Orbison 29th May - 6:45pm
Sorry but just for clarification - when I referred to "councillors wasting money " of course I do not subscribe to the TaxPayers Alliance and...
- petermartin2001 29th May - 6:45pm
@Manfarang, Yes the Callaghan govt did ask for loan from the IMF in 1976. The Labour Govt at the time was concerned that the pound...
Mon 30th May 2016
Tue 31st May 2016
Thu 2nd Jun 2016
Sun 5th Jun 2016
Thu 16th Jun 2016
Sat 18th Jun 2016
Sat 25th Jun 2016