[Conservative MP for Enfield North] Nick de Bois cross-checked the names of constituents seeking his help to stay in the UK and found 21 out of a sample 100 had signed up for voting rights.
The Tory backbencher is calling on ministers to tighten registration rules, claiming it is harder to get a library card than a ballot paper…
The MP said some people get on the electoral roll just to obtain credit cards or commit financial fraud.
- Ed Davey MP writes…Signed, sealed and delivered, an ambitious climate change deal for Europe (Edward Davey MP)
- Catherine Bearder MEP writes… EU climate targets thanks to Ed Davey and Lib Dems (Catherine Bearder MEP)
- Opinion: The utter and total failure of the political left (Matthew Huntbach)
- Lord Paul Tyler writes…Farce in the Lords (Paul Tyler)
- Norman Lamb MP writes…Liberal Democrats will fight relentlessly for NHS to have funding it needs (Norman Lamb MP)
- Johann Lamont to resign as Scottish Labour leader
- Status Quo and a glimpse of the geriatric ward
- A last trip round Kingston's Hawker factory
- Last train to Folkestone Harbour
- A little night music...
- Six of the Best 470
- It's time for another absurd microstate... Welcome to country number 56, the Vatican City
- Moving a chieftan tank through the streets of Newcastle
- eFocus Whickham no.90
- Clocks and street lights
- Adam Robertson 25th Oct - 2:21am
I think having Alex Salmond back in the House of Commons, will invigorate politics in both north of the border and south of the border....
- Matthew Huntbach 25th Oct - 1:26am
Eddie Sammon I just want to make a quick point that if you try to set up a business in some sectors then it really...
- JohnTilley 25th Oct - 1:24am
I would urge LDV readers to check out a range of reports of the results of this deal. The piece above is, to say the...
- Matthew Huntbach 25th Oct - 1:16am
Glenn According to the election material the Tuition fee pledge was fully costed. It is not up to students or Joe Public to give politicians...
- Stevan Rose 25th Oct - 1:05am
Tony, I am sure you work hard and your intentions are genuine. But I dispute your right to do that work and therefore any right...
- Roland 25th Oct - 12:53am
Geoff - I suspect given both the benchmark - emission levels in 1990 - on which the 40% reduction is based and the timescales -...
Sat 25th Oct 2014
Sun 26th Oct 2014
Tue 28th Oct 2014
Thu 30th Oct 2014
Fri 31st Oct 2014
Sat 1st Nov 2014
Tue 4th Nov 2014
Thu 6th Nov 2014
Sat 15th Nov 2014
Mon 17th Nov 2014
Thu 20th Nov 2014
Fri 21st Nov 2014