The Liberal Democrat Voice Awards will take place with its usual glamour and fun on the Saturday evening of the Glasgow Conference.
Here’s all the details:
There will be a fantastic selection of Liberal Democrats presenting the awards. You can read about last year’s ceremony, where Nick Clegg called us infuriating and inspiring here.
We revamped the Awards last year and people seemed to like what we have done, so we’ve kept the format the same with one wee tweak. We think that we should give your imaginations free rein with the photoshopping and the parliamentarians so there’s a separate category for them.
This year’s awards are as follows:
- Liberal Democrat Blog of the Year
- Liberal Democrat Blog-post of the year
- Liberal Democrat Tweeter/Facebooker of the Year
- Best use of social media by an elected representative (Tim Garden award)
- Best online campaign run by a Liberal Democrat
- Lib Dem Councillor of the Year
- The Lib Dems’ Favourite Tory MP award
- The Lib Dems’ Favourite Labour MP award
- Best online campaign of the year (non Lib Dem)
- Best photograph of a Liberal Democrat Parliamentarian or senior Councillor or party figure (real life)
- Best photo-shopped photo of a Liberal Democrat Parliamentarian
We are asking for nominations by email to me at [email protected] for the shortlists for these awards. They will then be judged by our esteemed panel of judges. Liberal Democrat Voice and any official blogs run by the party aren’t eligible either. We are extending the deadline to midnight on 15th September, so you have an two weeks.
Send us your nominations plus a very brief – and I’m talking no more than a sentence – reason why. We will then compile the shortlists from those and poll to our members’ forum.
Send in your nominations by email to [email protected] and remember to state which award category you’re nominating for, in each case.
The shortlists will then be put to a vote of our forum of party members. That’s right. This year, we are giving our readers who are members of the party the chance to choose the majority of our winners.
There are other awards that you will have the chance to vote for:
- Lib Dem Minister of the Year
- Lib Dem MP of the Year
- Lib Dem parliamentarian (non-minister) of the Year (open to MSPs, MEPs, Peers, AMs GLAMs
All will be eligible for these categories.
And there’s even more than that…
- Best Political Commentator (print/online) of the Year
- Best Political Broadcaster (TV/radio) of the Year
These awards will be chosen form a shortlist based on the answers in our pre-Conference survey. Again, all members in our members’ forum will have the chance to vote.