As part of the empowerment (sorry about the cliche!) of ordinary members it might be useful if you let us in the Westminster village know how you react to unfolding coalition policy.
I’m tasked as Co-Chair for the Backbench Health Committee to ensure that distinctive Lib Dem policy on health goes into the Coalition Government equation.
So I have decided to seek party members’ views on the much-reported Health White Paper – especially from those who have a bit of hands on experience of the NHS.
Please post here or alterantively e-mail me at [email protected]
The issues are not insignificant, with the perennial issues of cost, efficiency and accountability being thrown into the melting pot by another proposed NHS restructuring. All feedback gratefully received.
With most spending/commissioning power of the NHS scheduled to be handed to consortia of GPs, Primary Care Trusts face oblivion. It would be good to know how ordinary party members feel – specifically:
- Is the NHS ready for another structural upheaval/reform?
- How will GPs cope with their new role?
- And are we going to get a local NHS which is more accountable to the citizen and tax payer?
- Will the NHS work better for the patient without PCTs and Regional Health Authorities?
- Can we make progress without these changes ?