LDV Caption Competition: Boris & Dave “Happily ever after” Edition

There’s no prize at stake – just the opportunity to prove you’re wittier than any other LDV reader…

Here is re-elected London mayor Boris Johnson with his fellow Etonian, Tory leader David Cameron. After this week’s local election results, what do you think might be being said or thought by or about them?

And the winners of our last caption comp is…

Some fantastic entries for our most recent caption competition, David Cameron & Jeremy Hunt “Human shield” Edition.

The winner, according to The Voice’s judging panel of one, was this one by Paul Walter:

Cameron: “I knew you’d like my tickling stick”

With an honourable mention for Nick (not Clegg):

Hunt: “Can we blame this on Clegg?”
Cameron: No, but we can drag him down with us.”

Got a photo of a prominent Lib Dem you think would work well for a future caption competition? Then please email us at [email protected]

* Stephen was Editor (and Co-Editor) of Liberal Democrat Voice from May 2007 to Jan 2015, and writes at The Collected Stephen Tall.

Read more by or more about , or .
This entry was posted in Caption Comp.
Bookmark the web address for this page or use the short url http://ldv.org.uk/28403 for Twitter and emails.

• nigel bennett 5th May '12 - 4:34pm

Cameron “Is it my place or yours?”

• Cheltenham Robin 5th May '12 - 4:45pm

“I give you – the next leader of the Conservative Party”

• Foregone Conclusion 5th May '12 - 4:46pm

“Oww… Boris, you’re… breaking my fingers…”

• One popular leader of the Conservatives standing by his principles, winning an election, power and respect … and David Cameron.

• Keith Browning 5th May '12 - 6:13pm

Bullingdon boys cutting the mustard yet again.

• Tony Dawson 5th May '12 - 6:57pm

“These masonic handshakes are getting more and more convoluted these days.”

• Nick (not Clegg) 5th May '12 - 8:00pm

Both: “We’ll have to support gay marriage now.”

• Toby MacDonnell 5th May '12 - 8:47pm

Blow up doll stands in for for newly elected London mayor.

• patricia roche 6th May '12 - 4:39am

It’s like this Dave, ‘you put your right foot in, your right foot out’,

• “Why did you think we supported Lynn on gay marriage?”

• Nick (not Clegg) 6th May '12 - 8:58am

Cameron: “I wonder why other cities don’t seem keen on directly elected mayors!”

• Nick (not Clegg) 6th May '12 - 9:03am

Dace: “Hold my hand, Boris, I think Nadine Dorries is behind me.”

• Cameron: (Thinks) It’s OK, I’ve got a bottle of hand sanitizer in the car.

• The body language between these two is all wrong, it would be interesting to see what the experts make of it, but this says to me: Dave – ‘hey, look what I found lurking in the shadows’
    Boris – ‘am I the only success he can find to look pleased about?’

• David Allen 6th May '12 - 11:04pm

SamCam: “How come my Dave is being outpolled by a guy whose jacket doesn’t fit and whose trousers are about to split at the crotch?”

If you are a member of the party, you can have the Lib Dem Logo appear next to your comments to show this. You must be registered for our forum and can then login on this public site with the same username and password.