LDV Caption Competition: Clegg meets Bono “Not U2″ Edition

There’s no prize at stake – just the opportunity to prove you’re wittier than any other LDV reader…

Here’s Nick Clegg meeting U2 frontman Bono. What do you think might be being said or thought here?

And the winner of our last caption comp is…

Some fantastic entries for our most recent caption competition, Jeremy Browne “Wiff Waff’s Coming Home” Edition.

The winner, according to The Voice’s judging panel of one, was this one by Keith Browning:

Boris meets his match…

Got a photo of a prominent Lib Dem you think would work well for a future caption competition? Then please email us at [email protected]

Read more by or more about , or .
This entry was posted in Caption Comp.
Bookmark the web address for this page or use the short url http://ldv.org.uk/30718 for Twitter and emails.

• Richard Dean 13th Oct '12 - 2:19pm

Bless you, my son, for you have sinned and now repenteth

• Paul Walter 13th Oct '12 - 2:31pm

“Dare. Dat’ll gorantee youse a “Beautiful Day”

• Andrew Tennant 13th Oct '12 - 3:24pm

‘This is the last of my popularity, I think you need it more than I do’

• Andrew Tennant 13th Oct '12 - 3:26pm

‘Give us yer f****** money’*

*The Lib Dems can’t rely on handouts from bankers or trade union barons

• Tony Dawson 13th Oct '12 - 3:28pm

“The National Executive have asked me if we can use “With or Without You” to introduce your next Conference speech.”

“Despite two hearts beating as one, I still haven’t found what I’m looking for – so I will follow.” ;-)

• Tony Dawson 13th Oct '12 - 4:09pm

“So, if you want the Jedward hair like mine, steep this little thing in boiling water then drink it. And give Cammy a blast as well.”

“Did you get that from a Drogheda healer?”

• So how do you get away with being a millionaire tax dodgeing hypocrite and not be reviled, whereas i did one U turn…….

• “We still havent found what we’re looking for….!”

• Steve Griffiths 13th Oct '12 - 4:35pm

Just take a couple of these Nick and all memories of broken promises will be a thing of the past!

• Cheltenham Robin 13th Oct '12 - 7:37pm

Nick says :

” Glad to be talking to a fellow musician. Did you hear that my debut single entered the itunes chart at number 116″

• “God, I could do with a cuppa …”

“It’s nice of you to use my official title, but Bono is fine.”

• The founding members of U-Turn discuss the new pop culture they’ve created

• Keith Browning 15th Oct '12 - 2:05pm

Nick – ‘Its the difficult follow-up single I’m worried about Bono. George Osborne suggested I record Piaf’s ‘je ne regrette rien’. I think he was trying to be funny, but then he is always a great fan of political U turns’.

• Ed Shepherd 15th Oct '12 - 9:52pm

Bono: “And this casket contains a true piece of the original holy cross on which our Lord was crucified. Wise men say it has the power to heal the sick, to give sight to the blind, to bring happiness to the broken hearted and to bring the dead back to living form. Some say it can even give a person the power to see the infinite mysteries of the cosmos and to truly know the mind of God as one becomes a Star-Child”
    Nick Clegg: “Does it have the power to make me popular again?”
    Bono: “Now you’re being ridiculous.”