LDV Caption Competition: Clegg & Obama “Seoul Brothers” Edition

There’s no prize at stake – just the opportunity to prove you’re wittier than any other LDV reader…

As I mentioned yesterday, Nick Clegg has been busy this week doing some real work. Here he is meeting US President Barack Obama, together with Denmark’s Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. What do you think might be being said or thought by or about them?

And the winners of our last caption comp is…

Some fantastic entries for our most recent caption competition, Cameron & Miliband “We’re in this together” Funding Scandal Special Edition.

The winners, according to The Voice’s judging panel of one, was this one by Danny:

This year’s ‘Hold the invisible rugby ball’ competition was a dead heat.

and this one by Keith Browning

Ed: ‘So Dave, can I call you Dave?, what’s on the menu for tonight’s dinner?
PM: ‘I haven’t checked, but I think its two greenfield planning permissions, a Royal Commission chair and possibly a knighthood – just a normal quiet night at home!!’

Congratulations to you both — you each win a copy of former Labour MP Chris Mullin’s diaries, A View from the Foothills. Which, incidentally, I reviewed here. Can you e-mail [email protected] with your address so we can post them to you, please?

Got a photo of a prominent Lib Dem you think would work well for a future caption competition? Then please email us at [email protected]

* Stephen was Editor (and Co-Editor) of Liberal Democrat Voice from May 2007 to Jan 2015, and writes at The Collected Stephen Tall.

Read more by .
This entry was posted in Caption Comp.
Bookmark the web address for this page or use the short url http://ldv.org.uk/27908 for Twitter and emails.

• Danny Langley 1st Apr '12 - 2:58pm

“She’s with me, lad. Gorra problem?” said Clegg as his Sheffield local champion shtick got out of hand.

• Tony Dawson 1st Apr '12 - 4:31pm

MC: “Now, which one of you two married Neil Kinnock’s son?”

• Keith McGrellis 1st Apr '12 - 5:56pm

Clegg to Obama: “do you know what she’s saying? It’s all double dutch to me”

• She can call me anything she likes, Stephen Tall will still report it as a compliment.

• Toby MacDonnell 1st Apr '12 - 7:49pm

Nick decided to go bold: “So, if you fancy it, we can ditch the dame, go back to my place, have some drinks, see what happens…?”

• Keith Browning 1st Apr '12 - 8:30pm

Nick – ‘I might be looking for a new job in 2016 and I hear you became President without being born in the USA, so I might give it a go. My Spanish is good so that will give me a head start.’

• Jayne Mansfield 1st Apr '12 - 9:19pm

As your coalition partners we will help you overcome the legal challenge that you now face to your healthcare reforms .

• Is the pasty shop this way?

• David Evans 1st Apr '12 - 11:18pm

“… and if I pull this wire he says “If we keep doing this we won’t have anything to bloody disagree on in the bloody TV debates.”

• Richard Dean 2nd Apr '12 - 1:02am

NC: “Hang the special relationship – how about a threesome?”

• Sikh and ye shall find.

• Nick (not Clegg) 2nd Apr '12 - 9:25pm

Barack Obama declined Nick Clegg’s challenge to a game of Scissors, Paper, Stone.

• 2012 Public Image Creativity Awards, World Division:

Judge Clegg was all set to hand the prize to Barack Obama’s subtly tapered mohawk when Judge Thorning-Schmidt locked eyes on a true revelation: Manmohan Singh and his patented bobble turban.

• Nick (not Clegg) 4th Apr '12 - 10:35am

Nick Clegg: “Can we try and get through this without any photo-opportunities involving hot dogs, sausage rolls or pasties?”
    Manmahan Singh: “Would you believe a samosa?”
    Helle Thornig-Schmidt: ” Or a Danish pastry?”

• David Allen 6th Apr '12 - 2:01pm

Clegg: “Yankee scum, if you don’t stop chasing after our women from Europe, I’ll smash your face in!”

Manmohan Singh (quietly): “You need both your fists for this, you stupid third-rate street brawler. I’ll just bide my time for now, and then come in and clean up when the cameras have moved on.”

• Clegg to Obama: …and allow me to introduce you to Neil Kinnock’s daughter-in-law.

True story.