There is a parliamentary webpage dedicated to the bill here, where you can read the document and track its progress through Parliament.
Frank Cranmer on the website Law & Religion UK has written a helpful guide here.
Courtesy of the Government’s Factsheet, here is a reminder of what the bill proposes:
What the legislation will do
The Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill will:
· enable same-sex couples to marry in civil ceremonies;
· ensure those religious organisations that wish to do so can opt in to conduct
marriage ceremonies for same-sex couples;
· protect those religious organisations that do not wish to marry same-sex couples
from successful legal challenge;
· enable civil partners to convert their partnership to a marriage, if they wish; and
· enable individuals to change their legal gender without having to end their
* Paul Walter is a Liberal Democrat activist in Newbury and West Berkshire. As part of the Liberal Democrat Voice team he helps with photos and moderation on the site, as well as occsionally contributing articles. He blogs at Liberal Burblings.