There is a parliamentary webpage dedicated to the bill here, where you can read the document and track its progress through Parliament.
Frank Cranmer on the website Law & Religion UK has written a helpful guide here.
Courtesy of the Government’s Factsheet, here is a reminder of what the bill proposes:
What the legislation will do
The Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill will:
· enable same-sex couples to marry in civil ceremonies;
· ensure those religious organisations that wish to do so can opt in to conduct
marriage ceremonies for same-sex couples;
· protect those religious organisations that do not wish to marry same-sex couples
from successful legal challenge;
· enable civil partners to convert their partnership to a marriage, if they wish; and
· enable individuals to change their legal gender without having to end their
* Paul Walter is a LibDem activist in Newbury, Berkshire and blogs at Liberal Burblings