- The attacks on Tim Farron need to stop - Vince Cable should know better
- Is David Steel right about the Liberal Democrat attitude to a future coalition?
- Why have Liberal Democrats indulged the Tories' Bercow bashing?
- Stephen Williams takes on 38 Degrees over "highly misleading campaign"
- Manifesto front page: Welsh and Scottish versions
- Opinion: Thoughts on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Protocol (TTIP) (Mark Argent)
- Why have Liberal Democrats indulged the Tories’ Bercow bashing? (Caron Lindsay)
- Opinion: Plain Packaging: Will Tobacco Be the End or Just the Beginning? (Judy Abel)
- Opinion: Liberals must stand up to Russia over Ukraine (Tim Oliver)
- The Independent View: Half of the public are likely to change their vote after examining the parties’ policies (Matt Chocqueel-Mangan)
- Liberal Democrat economic plan for next parliament
- Envelope stuffing
- Visiting Dunston Staiths
- The Solid Silver 60s Show
- Councillor Eagle's budget speech
- Disused railway stations in Hampshire
- Basically Ed Miliband is saying he likes Lynne Featherstone's record
- Lib Dems Believe Wordle 8
- Sad news from Ashfield as Jason Zadrozny stands down after arrest
- David-1 27th Mar - 4:24am
The logical corollary would be that in an ideal society, corporations should, without regulation, be able to market any adulterated poisonous rubbish that they pleased,...
- David-1 27th Mar - 4:15am
It would be a very bizarre world indeed where packaging regulations could be reasonably condemned as "authoritarian." Luckily it isn't the real world.
- David-1 27th Mar - 4:14am
"In a few years when airplanes are noise and pollution free" That utopia has been coming "in a few years" since 1965.
- Alex Sabine 27th Mar - 1:30am
@ Malcolm "Let's remember Maudling did indeed leave a mess - at least he was honest." I agree. Though by the standards of future Chancellors...
- Alex Sabine 27th Mar - 1:18am
@ Philip From a long-term supply-side point of view, I agree. Higher productivity is essential, and part of that requires allowing unproductive firms to go...
- Sara Scarlett 27th Mar - 12:32am
This op-ed in a nutshell is this: = "I know that plain packaging of everything is authoritarian but what's so wrong with authoritarianism anyway?"