- A bad day for the Conservatives, Brooks Newmark and journalistic ethics
- By-election update: 47.2% swing in Guildford
- Ashcroft's poll of Lib Dem battleground seats: incumbency is alive and well but 2015 will be a survival election for the party
- ISIL Debate Open thread
- Do you support British involvement in air strikes against Islamic State?
- Opinion: Liberalism Unlocked: After the Coalition (Nigel Lindsay)
- Opinion: Islamic State – it’s a conundrum (Tahir Maher)
- Opinion: Education issues at conference? (Rebecca Hanson)
- Opinion: In London, community politics must be less about geography and more about life choices (David Thorpe)
- Chris Fox writes … My primary aim will be to promote engineering in the UK (Chris Fox)
- Falling off the Fence: The Story of Liverpool's Millennium Lord Mayor
- Vacuum cleaners and Lib Dems hit back at Theresa May over 'snooper's charter'
- At the Macmillan Coffee Morning last Fridqay
- The Twitter debate about local benefits tourism
- Iraq:reasonable concerns
- October 2014 Events List from Discover Folkestone, Hythe and Romney Marsh
- Tunnelling under you
- Tackling Hedges Overgrowing The Pavement
- Blyth Town Council, meetings for October
- UKIP, Breitbart, and the Tea Party in the UK
- Peter 30th Sep - 6:48pm
I've just checked the UK average wage. It looks as though Ms Lindsay's plan is to have average wage earners (and of course the 50%...
- Peter 30th Sep - 6:31pm
@ jedibeeftrix Well said, but if I may point out that Ms Lindsay is insisting that capping the benefit is a disgrace. That means that...
- JohnTilley 30th Sep - 6:19pm
David Allen You ask this question ---" .....are you not at risk of making your own value judgment as to which “people” you wish to...
- Glenn Andrews 30th Sep - 6:12pm
In his zeal this IDS chap looked one step away from appearing on stage in a twin set and pearls with a penguin glove puppet...
- johnmc 30th Sep - 6:11pm
Why is the benefits cap wrong in the first place, and why ought it not to decrease if circumstances require, (as average earnings have)? Even...
- jedibeeftrix 30th Sep - 6:10pm
@ AndrewR - "If you earn that little it’s doubtful you’re even covering your own cost to the state never mind paying for anyone else."...