- What do you think will be the result of the Scottish independence referendum? Your predictions, please...
- ++ Mike Hancock MP quits Lib Dems
- Yes Scotland is a bit late to realise that Wings over Scotland is bad news.
- Note to agents: do not publish anything you learn at postal vote opening
- Opinion: The West Lothian Question has left Ed Miliband in a deep hole
- Opinion: Simple, liberal ideas for London (Anthony Fairclough)
- Stand up against the politics of bullets and threats (Ed Fordham)
- Opinion: English devolution – with maps (George Potter)
- The English devolution battleground (Joe Otten)
- Opinion: Lib Dems believe in local policing; should they also support a return to local courts? (John Howson)
- Submarine cables - resources on the web **Serious nerd alert**
- Ed Balls - not quite affordable and fair
- Poor to be hit hardest by Labour
- Mike Nesmith as Frank Zappa, Frank Zappa as Mike Nesmith
- Austerity: Will Labour activists still stick their fingers in their ears?
- Day 5004: DOCTOR WHO: Nothing at the End of the Plot
- September report to Mid Samford parishes
- Wok This Way wins Chinese Takeaway of the Day
- Referendum accuracy petitions should be used to educate people in the count process
- Direct rail service from London Euston to Shrewsbury returns
- stuart moran 23rd Sep - 5:50am
jedi If there are regional Parliaments/assemblies then they run the risk of becoming one party fortresses, this is exacerbated by FPTP - there would not...
- JJ 23rd Sep - 2:50am
That's a good question Stuart, and the electoral college does prevent the bulling of rural areas by the urban centers, or as you put it...
- George Potter 23rd Sep - 1:12am
Also, on the topic of boundary determination, my personal view is that there should be an independent commission established to construct units for devolution out...
- George Potter 23rd Sep - 1:08am
@Michael Kilpatrick I agree - we need a simple three tier government structure: federal, devolved assembly, unitary authority. Possibly some areas could introduce parish councils...
- George Potter 23rd Sep - 1:01am
Also, for reference, the median size of Germany's states is 3 million people - this should give some guide as to what size is needed...
- George Potter 23rd Sep - 12:58am
@sesenco I come from Surrey and neither it, nor Kent, nor Sussex are naturally Tory. If you look at the last county election results, while...