- On making LDV more inclusive
- Paddy Ashdown on Bosnia and Herzegovina: "These are dangerous times; they are very dangerous times indeed"
- Botswana elections: Liberal Democrats help sister party and its "calm revolutionary of our time"
- Why I'm spitting furious about Johann Lamont's resignation.
- Half of current Green supporters voted Lib Dem in 2010
- Opinion: Afghanistan – Fools rush in… (Arthur Snell)
- Andrew Stunell MP writes…Tackling anti-semitism at home and abroad (Andrew Stunell MP)
- Opinion: The Economic Crisis is Now Political (Toby Matthews)
- On making LDV more inclusive (Caron Lindsay)
- Stephen Lloyd MP writes…Ed’s climate change deal shows how UK can reform EU (Stephen Lloyd MP)
- Better Care Fund for England announcement
- Well, Fancy That!
- High Court rules Labour Haringey misled residents with false claims about government cuts
- My must-reads this week October 31, 2014
- I am considering dressing up as The Grim Reaper, and visiting some old people's rest homes. Just to spread the cheer
- Slow growth is not bad. If that means debt default, so be it. The world must change
- Andrew George, MP and Baroness Kate Parminter meet the Friends of St Just library
- The Blood is The Life 31-10-2014
- Conservative council leader calls Lib Dem opponent "vermin"
- The Two Rogers
- benj 31st Oct - 11:47am
Dav said "Why would the landlords not just pass the LVT on to the tenants in the form of higher rents?" Because they are not...
- Toby Matthews 31st Oct - 11:47am
Dav- As mentioned much of the land is already taxed privately. Yet London exists. Your point doesn't stack up. LVT taxes the rental value. That...
- theakes 31st Oct - 11:44am
Hmm : a first openly public crack in the previous thought to be close Clegg/Ashdown scenario?
- Dav 31st Oct - 11:43am
It is universally agreed in economics that LVT cannot be passed on to the tenant. The landowner always charges what the market will bear. Therefore...
- Helen Tedcastle 31st Oct - 11:36am
John Mc '... individuals are more sophisticated than tick box surveys permit.' Yes, which is why we have to be vigilant about reading too much...
- Glenn 31st Oct - 11:34am
London is wealthy because it's one of the world centres of Banking and government and has been for hundreds of years. There is no way...