- Liberal Democrats must enthusiastically occupy the clear pro EU space - nobody else will
- Vince Cable writes: What Brexit means
- Nicola Sturgeon appoints controversial Brexit Minister
- Renationalising the railways is trendy but not smart
- Andrew George writes...Can progressives unite to defeat the Tories?
- Young, disabled and believed in (Matthew Clark)
- Baroness Jenny Randerson writes…Consumer rights should cover train franchises (Jenny Randerson)
- Two reports highlight ongoing need for feminism (Caron Lindsay)
- Open Britain divides opinion (Joe Otten)
- Nuclear weapons policy: the zero option (Kevin White)
- August Books
- 1820 Blood Overture
- A Liverpool Artist who exhibited with leading Post Impressionists chosen for Mayor's parlour
- Dan Dare and the Mekon return to Southport
- Liverpool City Region proposals are as exciting as a wet Bank Holiday
- The Jew of Malta, by Christopher Marlowe
- LGA Lib Dems: Thousands Face Unfair 'Pay To Stay' Rent Increase
- The Blood is the Life for 31-08-2016
- Coming soon: Nick the PhD student
- The EU does something which single states cannot
- Richard Underhill 31st Aug - 8:37pm
I read the speech. Not sure about "Britain is the most ... innovative nation in the world." Silicon Valley exists because California was less conformist...
- Simon Freeman 31st Aug - 8:35pm
Why not just take the rail contracts back into public sector when they end and have done with it? If Southern Rail is failing surely...
- David Raw 31st Aug - 8:26pm
Whatever the merits of the sentiments, Whoever wrote this confection, Comes from the Tony Blair no verbs in a sentence school of speech writing.
- crewegwyn 31st Aug - 8:14pm
Can we drop the comparisons between moving cattle and moving people? Cattle have no choice - people do. If the train's too crowded for you...
- John Peters 31st Aug - 7:52pm
Okay. I'm guessing the above didn't read the speech. No, not all Leave voters are racist. Goodbye Lib Dems.
- Conor Clarke 31st Aug - 7:50pm
@Caractus Russia invades one of its neighbours to prevent it re-aligning away from Russia and towards the EU. The entire European continent is horrified at...