- The Clegg Family Christmas Card, with a little help from their sons
- Nelson Mandela – the long walk is over
- Three scenarios for the 2015 election based on current polling: which do you think looks most plausible?
- Opinion: Our liberal identity crisis
- This week's by-elections: a Lib Dem hold and a near miss
- Lib Dems should aim for a budget surplus not because the Tories want to, but because it is right (Nick Thornsby)
- Norman Lamb MP writes…Have your say on dementia care (Norman Lamb MP)
- Opinion: Ukip’s not-so-respectable European allies (Paul Stocker)
- ‘Good’ gender segregation and ‘bad’ gender segregation? (Stephen Tall)
- Better in Cameron’s Black Book than on the Statute Book (Caron Lindsay)
- Drones and journalism: an example of the future from Bangkok
- The inspiration of Nelson Mandela
- IWM Out sources Visitor Services Department
- My recommended reading for today December 12, 2013
- We must end the toxicity in our politics - and give MPs a pay rise
- Church Street closure continues
- Me on the radio tonight.
- The plan to fix the lobbying bill will entrench the flaws in election expense rules
- He can't get them out of the Maidan
- Press-releasing poverty at the DWP | Alistair Geddes and Jonathan Mende
- Eddie Sammon 12th Dec - 3:54pm
I am shocked that some people (Prateek and perhaps others) don't think a balanced budget is necessary. Maybe not in the next few years, but...
- Frank Little 12th Dec - 3:52pm
Whichever side of the argument you are, David Cameron's aim to cut the top rate of tax must appear wrong: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10509537/David-Cameron-hints-he-wants-to-cut-the-top-rate-of-income-tax-to-40-per-cent.html
- RC 12th Dec - 3:38pm
Another problem with a fixation with short term budget management is that it leads to aberrant decision making. For example, we are still selling off...
- Adam 12th Dec - 3:36pm
As Jack, Mark, and Mike at least have said, the extent to which debt interest is a burden to future taxpayers depends just as much...
- Jayne Mansfield 12th Dec - 3:34pm
@Richard S, Do you mean in the same way that golf clubs, rotary clubs etc., were in the recent past, able to make judgements i...
- RC 12th Dec - 3:33pm
We should not be fixated on totemic figures like this mythical budget surplus. As others have pointed out, you can run a small deficit while...