- Flags at half mast – the right way to mark the passing of an illiberal despot? (Caron Lindsay)
- Lord Hugh Dykes writes: Chilcot delay is an utter disgrace (Hugh Dykes)
- Opinion: Some thoughts on preventing suicide (John Lawrie)
- Opinion: TTIP: a taxpayer funded safety net for the super-rich (David Cooper)
- Alistair Carmichael MP writes…A proud day as we move nearer to Liberal Democrat vision of home rule for Scotland (Alistair Carmichael MP)
- On the doorsteps in Whickham
- "We speak for bigots, says Ukip PR chief" - who also compares the NHS to Nazis
- Churchill's funeral train leaves Waterloo
- Market Harborough brickwork
- Somerton and Frome action day
- When Vince Cable showed the right attitude to the Saudi regime
- 'Ballot Box Man' is back for the 2015 election
- The two best things to read about other parties this weekend
- Maghull – Station Volunteers
- New from Amnesty: End the total ban on abortion in El Salvador
- Alex Sabine 25th Jan - 2:16am
It is a phrase often bandied about on LDV comments threads to characterise even centrist Clegg/coalition supporters. Aka "extreme Thatcherites", "Thatcherite Entryists", "so-called free-market ideology"...
- Alex Sabine 25th Jan - 1:30am
"We must keep Britain in Europe and clean up our rotten political system, where big money can buy you the inside track to influence, access...
- JohnTilley 25th Jan - 12:58am
Alex Sabine 23rd Jan '15 - 7:05pm "....those of us who John Tilley regards as ‘free-market fundamentalists’ Alex Sabine, other than reading your comments in...
- JohnTilley 25th Jan - 12:44am
Tim Farron is able to put across a political message and talk to ordinary folk outside the Westminster Bubble. Unfortunately his skills and not niversal...
- JohnTilley 25th Jan - 12:31am
Roland "... There are times where it is appropriate to show common decency and respect..." Of course, what could I have been thinking of ?...
- malc 25th Jan - 12:29am
A tricky one this . Saudi Arabia is far from perfect and the restrictions placed on women are absolutely wrong, but if we want stable...