- Alison Goldsworthy quits party saying it's no place for "women who want to deliver change"
- Nicola Sturgeon challenges Nick Clegg to do the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Opinion: an open letter to Tim Farron - "And who made you King, anyway?"
- Opinion: Restructuring is important but the General Election is the priority
- The 'Favourability Index': the Tories and Cameron lead, Lib Dems half as popular as Ukip
- Better Together can always make a better ad. Alex Salmond can not give us a better currency option than we have being part of the UK (Caron Lindsay)
- Opinion: Crown Prosecution Service is wrong not to prosecute undercover police officers (Tony Dawson)
- Opinion: A ringfence is not enough for the science budget (Ed Long)
- The Gender Agenda #4: The Liberal Democrats are a feminist party (Alice Thomas)
- Opinion: The argument for devolution (Wayne Chadburn)
- A quick thought on Carswell
- UKIP Gets Its "First" MP
- Give Douglas Carswell his due - this is how you defect and what a UKIP coup
- UKIP's first MP
- Douglas Carswell defects and forces a byelection
- Gatley neighbourhood police newsletter
- There is a real, and under reported, crisis in America
- Burnham Road - will they, won't they?
- The Blood is The Life 28-08-2014
- All the rumours are true: the Better Together PPB that is horrifically crap
- David wilkinson 28th Aug - 12:49pm
The answer to Matthew Huntbach's question of can the Lib Dems use this by election to expose UKIP on its policies, its NO. A large...
- Little Jackie Paper 28th Aug - 12:46pm
Matthew Huntbach - Absolutely. It's coming to something when people like Farage and Boris Johnson are seen as, 'political outsiders,' and men of the people....
- Matthew Huntbach 28th Aug - 12:32pm
This by-election should be used to expose UKIP as a party of the extreme economic right which cynically hides that behind a superficial image of...
- T-J 28th Aug - 12:30pm
Interesting times indeed. I have to admit that I have less than no sympathy for the Tory plight here, hopefully we're witnessing the fatal schism...
- Richard Dean 28th Aug - 12:27pm
T-J. I've got it now! The nice Scotsman who told me I'm stupid for not realising it was a jokey negotiating stance, and who now...
- Colin Ross 28th Aug - 12:27pm
It is nice to see a defecting MP resign their seat and restand under their new Party label.