- Alison Goldsworthy quits party saying it's no place for "women who want to deliver change"
- Nicola Sturgeon challenges Nick Clegg to do the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Opinion: an open letter to Tim Farron - "And who made you King, anyway?"
- ++ Coup for Ukip as Tory MP Carswell defects, triggers by-election in Clacton
- Opinion: Restructuring is important but the General Election is the priority
- Reflections on Rotherham (2): Scapegoating one person misses the larger point (Patrick McAuley)
- Reflections on Rotherham (1): How one community in Rochdale took control to protect its children and young people (Elwyn Watkins)
- Opinion: 19th September – now what? (Malcolm Wood)
- Better Together can always make a better ad. Alex Salmond can not give us a better currency option than we have being part of the UK (Caron Lindsay)
- Opinion: Crown Prosecution Service is wrong not to prosecute undercover police officers (Tony Dawson)
- California Dreaming: Take A Giant Step
- Bricket Road closure next week
- In Memoriam : Jim Petrie
- Newcastle CC, North Jesmond - 28 August 2014
- How public schools dominate British life and why it matters
- Crisis, renewal and the prospects for science advice in Japan
- Is Douglas Carswell trying to save his seat?
- Short survey on St Mary's Road
- Vote now for Bruntwood Park BMX track
- It didn't take BBC1 long to ruin The Great British Bake Off
- Liberal Al 29th Aug - 12:22am
This is truly scary news. When I first heard that a Tory had defected to UKIP and chosen to take a by-election, I chuckled, naviely...
- muxloe 29th Aug - 12:01am
@malcolmwood Many people in England don't want regional devolution but that doesn't mean that it necessarily follows that they are content with the west lothian...
- muxloe 28th Aug - 11:55pm
@johnmc No party has offered that possibility. (And no mainstream party will; its againstTory instincts while Labour and Lib Dems need the celtic votes) Why...
- Richard Dean 28th Aug - 11:52pm
It's very simple. You check until you are satisfied that you can take full responsibility for the decisions you make and the reliability of the...
- Patrick McAuley 28th Aug - 11:39pm
Danny I hope I was clear at the start of the piece that this is a stain on all Local Authorities and we all need...
- Patrick McAuley 28th Aug - 11:37pm
Richard you are right, the issue is to what end do you take your checks. Undermining a qualified professional with more experience and knowledge than...