- What would you do if you were Mayor of Nice? (Caron Lindsay)
- Renationalising the railways is trendy but not smart (Jack Watson)
- Are party consultations with members worth the paper they’re written on? (George Potter)
- We shouldn’t criticize Jeremy Corbyn for finally doing a bit of reasonably clever “media” (Paul Walter)
- Andrew George writes…Can progressives unite to defeat the Tories? (Andrew George)
- Lib Dems accuse Conservative leader of Leicestershire County Council of misleading the public
- Saturday reading
- Happy 10th birthday to Liberal Democrat Voice
- Third of three posts: the effect of the new rules on the Hugo Awards
- Second of three posts: 2016 Hugos in detail
- First of three posts: 1941 Retro Hugos in detail
- The Blood is the Life for 27-08-2016
- United Nations highlights post-Brexit hate crime spike
- What the flip are the City Council doing about fly-tipping along Norwood Lane?
- Sheila Tennant Awards - and Perth Road photocall
- Joe Otten 27th Aug - 10:29pm
Symbols change their meaning all the time. What was an artifact of Saudi culture became a uniform for women, symbolising an unwelcome and reduced status,...
- Leave The EU 27th Aug - 10:26pm
@Roland "there will need to be a second referendum covering the proposed Brexit options moving forward, which naturally will have to include a no change...
- Stevan Rose 27th Aug - 10:15pm
"BR was deliberately starved of cash to make privatisation look a better bet. " BR was abysmal long before privatisation was a twinkle in a...
- Matthew Huntbach 27th Aug - 9:54pm
Barry Snelson I actually do accept the point you make that it isn't as easy just to tax the rich more as some on the...
- Simon Banks 27th Aug - 9:52pm
Forcing people to wear particular dress when not at work, whether it's a ban on burkinis or a ban on showing one's face, is deeply...
- Roland 27th Aug - 9:50pm
@Mick Taylor BR was deliberately starved of cash to make privatisation look a better bet. But I seem to remember that Labour governments also starved...