- Liberal Democrats must enthusiastically occupy the clear pro EU space - nobody else will
- Nicola Sturgeon appoints controversial Brexit Minister
- Vince Cable writes: What Brexit means
- Renationalising the railways is trendy but not smart
- Andrew George writes...Can progressives unite to defeat the Tories?
- Young, disabled and believed in (Matthew Clark)
- Baroness Jenny Randerson writes…Consumer rights should cover train franchises (Jenny Randerson)
- Two reports highlight ongoing need for feminism (Caron Lindsay)
- Open Britain divides opinion (Joe Otten)
- Nuclear weapons policy: the zero option (Kevin White)
- Dan Dare and the Mekon return to Southport
- The Blood is the Life for 31-08-2016
- Coming soon: Nick the PhD student
- The EU does something which single states cannot
- Labour MP loses the plot over expenses proposal
- Southport – Manchester Trains – Please support this petition
- We all (including companies) need to pay our taxes or public services will suffer.
- Friends of Balgay Summer Meeting
- Labour and the Lib Dems are taking the boundary review a wee bit lightly
- Royal Northumberland Yacht Club - Heritage Open Days 2016
- Eddie Sammon 31st Aug - 4:34pm
Yes it's a fine speech. I have an idea that might sound silly or amateurish, but why not try to arrange a random press conference...
- Stevan Rose 31st Aug - 4:27pm
"it seems to be some sort of ‘economic liberal’ obsession (private good/public bad)." Maybe it's more balanced - private can be good/bad, public can be...
- Nick Baird 31st Aug - 4:18pm
Great speech - sounds like Tim at his best. I just hope people beyond the Lib Dem faithful hear it.......
- Catherine Jane Crosland 31st Aug - 4:17pm
Caron, yes I would agree that 16 and 17 year olds probably should have been given the vote. But we should accept that older people...
- nvelope2003 31st Aug - 3:52pm
Stevan Rose: Thank you for the information. Expats: I expect that a lot more jobs are created by profitable companies. The unprofitable companies normally go...
- Leave The EU 31st Aug - 3:47pm
@Jenny Barnes - PS if you seriously think that "immigration control" etc. is not an issue for a large amount of UK voters, then UKIP...