- Live updates from the Witney count
- +++Witney result: Biggest Con to Lib Dem swing since the 1997 Winchester by-election.
- Independent: "The Lib Dems could steal David Cameron's seat tomorrow"
- Alistair Carmichael MP writes...Sometimes it is not a bad thing to be an elitist!
- Canada-EU non-deal - dramatic collapse of the shining example for a post-Brexit future held up by the leavers
- The American people will not take kindly to being kept “in suspense” by Donald Trump (Paul Walter)
- Shas Sheehan challenges the government over Calais refugee crisis (Suzanne Fletcher)
- Lessons for Syria on post-conflict reconstruction (Ciaran McGonagle)
- Independent: “The Lib Dems could steal David Cameron’s seat tomorrow” (Caron Lindsay)
- We Must Understand the Terrifying Logic of Theresa May’s ‘Right-Wing Socialism’ (Jonathan Ferguson)
- Lorenzo Cherin 23rd Oct - 1:09am
Paul Barker Stop Brexit etc and us becoming a one issue party is a recipe for disaster , silliness and lack of substance , in...
- Stevan Rose 23rd Oct - 12:03am
It is shocking that a Belgian region can scupper trade deals of this kind. It's certainly not democratic for a tiny minority to hold the...
- frankie 22nd Oct - 10:51pm
El Sid Your point 4. The EU have made it clear that they’re not going to sit down and hammer out a deal that benefits...
- Michael BG 22nd Oct - 10:47pm
@ EL Sid The EU has a tiny bureaucracy, but decision making is slow and difficult because of the need to try to bring every...
- Alistair 22nd Oct - 10:34pm
Annabel, noone says the trade will stop. Merely that the terms of trade will be worse. Some things will be more expensive, others cheaper.
- Annabel 22nd Oct - 10:19pm
Paul W, you pointed out the stats in relation to trade between Canada and the US, and the fact that Canada's trade with the EU...