- Renationalising the railways is trendy but not smart (Jack Watson)
- Are party consultations with members worth the paper they’re written on? (George Potter)
- We shouldn’t criticize Jeremy Corbyn for finally doing a bit of reasonably clever “media” (Paul Walter)
- Andrew George writes…Can progressives unite to defeat the Tories? (Andrew George)
- The UK and the rapid deterioration in global security (Paul Reynolds)
- My must-reads this week August 26, 2016
- Could Labour's flagship conference be cancelled this year?
- Yate Spur cycle path update
- Temporary Traffic Order - Perth Road
- Interesting Links for 26-08-2016
- Moar Supergirling
- Donald Trump's election campaign decides to give me money (yes, really)
- No need to stay up: Lib Dems bound to lose tonight, and to do worse than Communists
- Visualising Victoria: Nottingham's lost station
- Hailsham TC, East - 25th August 2016
- Stimpson 26th Aug - 11:04am
"Our ‘privatised’ railways are largely owned by foreign states – you couldn’t make it up. http://actionforrail.org/three-quarters-of-uk-rail-owned-by-foreign-states-research-reveals/" And where is the problem with this? How other...
- Stimpson 26th Aug - 11:02am
The state should not be running anything. Privatisation and outsourcing have been a success wherever they have been applied - coupled with market liberalisation and...
- Dav 26th Aug - 10:55am
“that this is a Liberal Democrat web site” means nothing here. There is no restriction on posting. anyone with any views from anywhere can say...
- Richard Gadsden 26th Aug - 10:53am
Any article about rail privatisation or nationalisation that concentrates on the train operating companies and doesn't mention the rolling stock ownership companies is completely missing...
- Richard Underhill 26th Aug - 10:52am
Imagine a Socialist President in France trying to install the Industrial Relations Act. Even Mrs Thatcher revived her predecessor's legislation in stages. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_Relations_Act_1971
- John Roffey 26th Aug - 10:19am
Simon Hebditch 26th Aug '16 - 9:50am "I remain convinced that the only way a centre left orientation can possibly contest the Tory machine is...