- A bad day for the Conservatives, Brooks Newmark and journalistic ethics
- Ashcroft's poll of Lib Dem battleground seats: incumbency is alive and well but 2015 will be a survival election for the party
- By-election update: 47.2% swing in Guildford
- Julian Huppert writes to Theresa May over Snoopers' Charter allegation: "I would expect you to issue a public correction and an apology at the earliest opportunity"
- ISIL Debate Open thread
- The Independent View: Politicians don’t do enough to find out what we really want (Marion Hutcheson)
- Opinion: Human rights and all that jazz (Sophie Bridger)
- The Independent View: Looking at ways to help student entrepreneurs (Johnny Luk)
- Opinion: The future of the State (Ruth Coleman-Taylor)
- Dave Goddard writes … Challenging, probing and plain speaking (Dave Goddard)
- What does it take to be a political blogger?
- Liverpool's Feuding Labour Brothers!
- "Hey, mister, wanna buy a prepaid benefits card?"
- Opening of Dundee's new £26m Discovery Centre in Life Sciences
- Cameron's conference rap
- Easier to Report It with Stockport Council
- Not so proud in the USA
- The 2014 Lib Dem Presidential Race
- Needham Market 4 Brightlingsea Regent 1 - the hot streak continues...
- Little Jackie Paper 1st Oct - 6:38pm
Richard - Indeed. After reading this I was rather left with a nagging feeling that Ms Hutcheson's view of, 'ordinary life,' seemed to basically mean,...
- Richard 1st Oct - 6:01pm
I don't understand this. "Politicians don’t do enough to find out what we really want, they might be doing things that I’m not aware of...
- Charlie 1st Oct - 6:00pm
Knowledge is power. The board of top companies are highly meritocratic and often far more competent than most politicians or state employees. At the height...
- John Roffey 1st Oct - 5:56pm
Perhaps also a Ministry of Happiness as in Bhutan - as wealth does not correlate with happiness :) : http://news.columbia.edu/record/2146
- Mick Taylor 1st Oct - 5:38pm
I found it no problem in the App store.
- John Roffey 1st Oct - 5:37pm
@ David Allen Yes - I agree. The thing which would do what you suggest is a limited form of direct democracy that fits with...