- Extra push for Liz Leffman in Witney
- Nick Clegg shows why he is such a credible, authoritative leader of the opposition to May's "hard brexit"
- Live updates from the Witney count
- Independent: "The Lib Dems could steal David Cameron's seat tomorrow"
- +++Witney result: Biggest Con to Lib Dem swing since the 1997 Winchester by-election.
- The American people will not take kindly to being kept “in suspense” by Donald Trump (Paul Walter)
- Shas Sheehan challenges the government over Calais refugee crisis (Suzanne Fletcher)
- Lessons for Syria on post-conflict reconstruction (Ciaran McGonagle)
- Independent: “The Lib Dems could steal David Cameron’s seat tomorrow” (Caron Lindsay)
- We Must Understand the Terrifying Logic of Theresa May’s ‘Right-Wing Socialism’ (Jonathan Ferguson)
- Reflections on a by-election in Witney
- Lib Dems fight against a boring, bland Benidorm in Liverpool
- Some thoughts on a couple of by-elections
- A great night at Pride of Formby Awards
- Massive Plans to Build on Green Belt
- The Nine Dots prize: we're looking for creative thinking on big social issues
- Clarence ward by-election: increase in vote share for the Liberal Democrats
- What does coming in second in Witney actually mean for the Lib Dems?
- The Blood is the Life for 21-10-2016
- Working-class misrepresentation by middle-class journalists and the hatred they create - MA Essay
- David Pearce 21st Oct - 5:21pm
Dav, the statistics are extraordinary. People were asked about their views on different topics after they had voted. The result was 90% of all people...
- Stuart 21st Oct - 5:03pm
This is a very encouraging result for the Lib Dems, but of course some people here are getting just a little over-excited. The Lib Dem...
- Geoff Reid 21st Oct - 4:33pm
It is perfectly possible have reservations about Hillary Clinton even when many of us would rather die than vote for Trump, were we entitled to....
- John Peters 21st Oct - 4:24pm
The rump EU will not negotiate in good faith. That will be pretty clear to Mrs May by now. It's not worth time or trouble...
- james 21st Oct - 4:22pm
Unfortunately it's too late. The thinking should have been done years ago as free movement of Labour is untenable for a progressive party. My advice...
- Tim13 21st Oct - 4:21pm
Why "not politically feasible"? Brits benefit every day of every year from free movement of people, both into and out of Britain. Surely it's a...