- Rochester & Strood by-election: Ukip win, Lib Dems lose 11th deposit
- Opinion: Taxing stuff – what George Monbiot got wrong
- Baroness Olly Grender writes...Tales from the Rochester campaign trail
- Alex Folkes: Cornwall Council and its chief executive have serious questions to answer
- Emily Thornberry resigns over tweet
- Gulags in the UK? – “no” says Simon Hughes (Paul Walter)
- Open season on Facebook is unfair (Paul Walter)
- It’s International Day for the elimination of violence against women. Lynne Featherstone highlights need for men and boys to act. What do Liberal Democrat MPs do? (Caron Lindsay)
- Liberal Democrat members and ministers talk mental health for Channel 4’s political slot (The Voice)
- Opinion: ALDE Party Council: Bouncing Czechs, “which Slovenes are the liberals?”*, and a prospective rise in the price of cod… (Mark Valladares)
- Whickham Christmas lights - the video
- Ukip euphoria
- That's it! Voting for Lib Dem President is CLOSED!
- Throwing light on the sculpture
- The constipation of the NHS
- Malcolm Bruce set to succeed Duncan Hames as chair of the Lib Dem policy committee
- HGV misery on Raw End Rd
- Warley ward forum Monday 1st December
- Devolution deal for West Yorkshire
- Made up quote by Graham Smith of the Cornish Guardian
- Paul Walter 26th Nov - 3:06pm
Paul Haydon Great point. Thank you. I have amended our headline accordingly.
- Martin 26th Nov - 3:03pm
The BBC site quotes Clegg "I have already proposed that we work with other states to stop EU migrants from claiming child benefit for children...
- ColinW 26th Nov - 2:55pm
EU rules specifically exclude 'benefit tourism'. Migrants between EU countries can only stay for 3 months if they are not financially self supporting. http://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/here-–-again-–-the-real-facts-on-migration-and-the-rights-to-claim-benefits-in-the-eu/
- Paul Haydon 26th Nov - 2:49pm
There seems to be a lot of confusion in the above discussion. The first and central point made in Nick Clegg's FT article is that...
- Alex Sabine 26th Nov - 2:45pm
I dislike the term 'benefit tourism', because it implies that large numbers of immigrants come to the UK to exploit the welfare system rather than...
- SIMON BANKS 26th Nov - 2:27pm
They look very similar. Are they by any chance related? Shurely shome mishtake.