- ++ Jeremy Browne to stand down as Lib Dem MP in May 2015
- Danny Alexander, not Vince Cable, designated Lib Dem shadow chancellor (oh, and no Lib Dem reshuffle)
- Opinion: Jeremy Browne deserves our thanks
- Linda Jack drops out of race for party president
- 10 Years on from The Orange Book: What should authentic liberalism look like?
- Martin Horwood MP writes…Reducing the negative impact of violence on international development (Martin Horwood)
- Opinion: Should all-member ballots replace conference on policy votes? (Robin McGhee)
- Opinion: Tackling tax avoidance should be a top manifesto issue (Cara Jenkinson)
- Opinion: And you thought EVEL was difficult… (Michael Taylor)
- Opinion: Confused Britain (Scott Stables)
- Joseph Lee, War Poet - Book Launch at the Literary Festival @literarydundee
- Ukip does deal with party too extreme even for the French National Front
- Electoral Commission investigates practicalities and costs of introducing electoral ID cards
- Closing Police Stations – Maghull
- Poorest children in our society continue to be let down
- We Need STV, Not "PR"
- Coast to Coast Clean up starts in Consett
- Early Health Warnings
- Journalists should be given public interest defence in law - Lib Dems
- VIDEO: Free School Meals in action
- Eddie Sammon 21st Oct - 9:15am
Hi Cara, thanks for your reply. The problem with GAAR was that rather than get rid of the loop-holes that already existed the government lazily...
- simon 21st Oct - 9:08am
Coming back to that Lord Ashcroft poll I mentioned last night (as I say it may be referred to on here, so this is the...
- Daniel Jones 21st Oct - 8:56am
The author appears to have either confused/conflated tax avoidance and tax evasion, or is frankly illiberal in desiring to legally punish people for legal activity....
- Geoffrey Payne 21st Oct - 8:47am
Conference voted 95% against secret courts so this change would have no effect on that. One thing I would warn against is direct democracy. The...
- John Critchley 21st Oct - 8:43am
Cara, I agree that this is an issue that has to be dealt with and that international agreement is necessary. Are politicians tough enough to...
- simon 21st Oct - 8:41am
"I would be concerned if the British Government were allowed to do it on their own " If you want a summary of quite how...