- David Ward: "if I lived in #Gaza would I fire a rocket? - probably yes"
- Good news: Voters places themselves and the Lib Dems in the centre. Bad news: that doesn't mean they're liberals
- Opinion: Beware conflating offence with racism – Don’t demand David Ward’s expulsion
- Ukip may well win a seat in May 2015. But the least likely person to get elected is Nigel Farage
- Tim Farron's Beveridge Lecture in full: "Let's say a huge yes to active, ambitious, liberal government and build a new consensus"
- Ed Davey writes… Delivering on climate change & delivering on fuel poverty (Edward Davey MP)
- Opinion: It is the end of the two-state solution that will bring peace to Gaza (Richard Kilpatrick)
- Opinion: Gaza – can anyone recall the root causes? (Kerry Hutchinson)
- Good news: Voters places themselves and the Lib Dems in the centre. Bad news: that doesn’t mean they’re liberals (Stephen Tall)
- Opinion: Alice vs the System: Lessons from a lifetime of “help” from public services #2 (Anonymous Liberal Democrat)
- Etna Road water mains problem
- "Them: Adventures with Extremists" by Jon Ronson
- Lost on the Tyne
- @BaronessRos in the Lords - European Union Committee: Report on 2013-14
- The Blood is The Life 26-07-2014
- Attitudes towards new development soften
- Watch and laugh: Clarke and Dawe - Australian media. An in-depth analysis.
- UKIP general election candidate stands down over electoral fraud claims
- Eadweard Muybridge and Animal Locomotion
- Booze ban on London Midland Trains out of Liverpool
- Sylvia Walker 26th Jul - 12:03pm
My story illustrates the problem. I dropped out of my grammar school (many years ago) not because of a lack of ability but because of...
- Charlie 26th Jul - 11:49am
Mike Drew Israel occurred because arab land owners sold land and then arab armies lost a war of extermination. Israel was not imposed by anyone....
- Tim13 26th Jul - 11:31am
LJP, if you DO mean it, why on earth say "with respect"?? Find a neutral phrase if you really must.
- MartinB 26th Jul - 11:30am
@tony b Yes, it's almost identical to that being spouted by Osborne, Cameron et al. Extraordinary to see such co.omplete capitulation to the tory brand...
- Tim13 26th Jul - 11:29am
Sorry, I am old fashioned enough to think that bias in advice can creep in when private sector external agencies are used. I also agree...
- Jenny Barnes 26th Jul - 11:28am
a "flack" is a PR person/ dogsbody. I can think of a few in this government. Ithink it should be "flak"; which is short for...