- What would you do if you were Mayor of Nice? (Caron Lindsay)
- Renationalising the railways is trendy but not smart (Jack Watson)
- Are party consultations with members worth the paper they’re written on? (George Potter)
- We shouldn’t criticize Jeremy Corbyn for finally doing a bit of reasonably clever “media” (Paul Walter)
- Andrew George writes…Can progressives unite to defeat the Tories? (Andrew George)
- Third of three posts: the effect of the new rules on the Hugo Awards
- Second of three posts: 2016 Hugos in detail
- First of three posts: 1941 Retro Hugos in detail
- The Blood is the Life for 27-08-2016
- United Nations highlights post-Brexit hate crime spike
- What the flip are the City Council doing about fly-tipping along Norwood Lane?
- Sheila Tennant Awards - and Perth Road photocall
- Switch Island – Confusion and epic amounts of red light jumping
- What would have been worse? A Labour conference with a GMB picket or no conference at all?
- Day 5714: Brexit Means Batshit or Brexit means Bullshit
- Barry Snelson 27th Aug - 5:45pm
Matthew, I respect your views and appreciate the campaigning work you have done over years and my hope would be that the separate ideologies, within...
- nvelope2003 27th Aug - 4:08pm
Expats: Very long distance freight such as that is the major source of rail goods traffic. I assume that what those who want the railways...
- Eddie Sammon 27th Aug - 4:06pm
Happy 10th birthday LDV! Possible the best website in the UK for discussing liberal politics. Thanks to the editors and those who politely engage.
- grahame lamb 27th Aug - 4:05pm
I have noted all the comments above including in particular the ones by those of you who have been kind enough to respond to my...
- Jonathan Brown 27th Aug - 2:33pm
Well said Caron. I think Eddie Sammon is on to something when he puts this in the context of historic French struggles against the combination...
- Lorenzo Cherin 27th Aug - 2:30pm
Simon , you are right to say thanks to Caron and the team for keeping it going , wrong to think it a thankless task...