- Opinion: Float like a butterfly, vote like a xxx?
- Willie Rennie MSP writes...You wouldn't put UKIP in charge of Europe, so you wouldn't put the SNP in charge of the UK
- The Times: "Lib Dems are great survivors"
- Opinion: Liberal Democrats should support abolishing the Monarchy – and it is the right time to do so
- Danny Alexander: if we allow the Tories to govern by themselves, it frightens me
- To hit the LibDems, Labour give £2 billion to graduates earning 32%+ above the average wage (Paul Walter)
- Three reasons why Talk of the Glens is much better than the Daily Mail (Caron Lindsay)
- Paul Burstow MP writes… Mental health and employment support must be available to all who need it (Paul Burstow MP)
- Lord Tim Clement-Jones writes…A record number of councils are calling for a clampdown on Fixed Odds Betting Terminals – the Government must act (Tim Clement-Jones)
- We need to be careful about the SNP and coalitions (Caron Lindsay)
- On Labour's financially illiterate tuition fee proposals
- "There are more ways than one of getting close to your ancestors"
- Why haven't tuition fees deterred young people from going to university?
- What prevented the press from exposing Jimmy Savile's crimes
- Champion newspaper – seems I have to prove I am a Lib Dem!
- Miliband's tuition fee masterstroke
- Worth Reading 159: You can't checkout from here
- Faith and Pride's Response to the Conscience Clause Consultation
- No to Lee Valley Tax Petition
- 20th Century Stores opens in Stockport
- stuart moran 27th Feb - 10:36pm
so the answer is yes it does........thanks for agreeing (I am not sure what %age has to do with it.....) and then you increase vat...
- Simon Shaw 27th Feb - 10:33pm
@stuart moran "Don’t the IFS also say that increasing the tax threshold (a Lib Dem success) also benefit higher tax payers more…..in a similar fashion?"...
- Simon Shaw 27th Feb - 10:16pm
@Stuart "To be honest, ever since the memorable thread where Simon argued that the Lib Dems who voted to treble fees had actually KEPT their...
- stuart moran 27th Feb - 10:13pm
Don't the IFS also say that increasing the tax threshold (a Lib Dem success) also benefit higher tax payers more.....in a similar fashion? I wait...
- stuart moran 27th Feb - 10:10pm
Simon Shaw Do you oppose the increase to the tax threshold as that benefits the rich more than the poor? The IFS says that too
- Stuart 27th Feb - 10:09pm
@Simon Of course Labour trailed some of the more appealing parts of their policy for maximum impact - I saw it myself on BBC Breakfast...