- Poverty at its lowest since 2004/5? (Joe Otten)
- LDV’s Sunday Best: our 7 most-read articles this week (The Voice)
- Opinion: Nelson Mandela: A personal tribute (Parmjit Singh Gill)
- Opinion: The inspiration of Nelson Mandela (Issan Ghazni)
- Opinion: Do you love this country? (David Gray)
- Paul Pettinger 9th Dec - 3:15pm
Even Joseph Rowntree is persona non grata under the New Order. Instead we have to praise the investment in skills and rebalancing of the economy,...
- John Roffey 9th Dec - 2:57pm
@ Colin Ross Whilst it peeves me to agree, the danger of not paying a competitive salary for MPs is that the only ones who...
- Joe Otten 9th Dec - 2:40pm
Simon, sorry I only addressed your first paragraph. I'm struggling to see how you interpret this as 'yeah, buts' designed to absolve the party. Absolution...
- tpfkar 9th Dec - 2:25pm
I don't see how this rise can be justified given the trend of wages over the past 5 years, but..... how right it is that...
- Paul in Twickenham 9th Dec - 2:21pm
I would like to think that you are all agreeing loudly. It seems to me that the issue is that a definition of poverty based...
- Colin Ross 9th Dec - 2:18pm
Whilst the timing sucks MPs should have a payrise and a much bigger payrise than suggested. I wouldn't be unhappy with MPs earning £100,000. Colin...