- David Ward: "if I lived in #Gaza would I fire a rocket? - probably yes"
- Review of 2014 European and Local Election Campaign
- ICM poll: Tories edge ahead of Labour, while Ukip collapse to 4th behind Lib Dems
- ++Breaking...Clegg: "We must axe Bedroom Tax"
- Tim Farron's Beveridge Lecture in full: "Let's say a huge yes to active, ambitious, liberal government and build a new consensus"
- Opinion: Alice vs the System: Lessons from a lifetime of “help” from public services #2 (Anonymous Liberal Democrat)
- Full steam ahead on infrastructure (Joe Otten)
- The Gender Agenda #3: Is there such a thing as “Women’s Policy”? (Alice Thomas)
- Opinion: Beware conflating offence with racism – Don’t demand David Ward’s expulsion (Jonathan Brown)
- Martin Horwood writes …Tony Blair’s legacy (Martin Horwood)
- Russia: Cameron gets tough
- Farewell to Dora Bryan
- NW Cambridge: Sainsbury's Supermarket Deal
- Joe Anderson - A comment too far
- Labour Say 'Non' To Lasting Tour Legacy
- Bury War Memorial
- Causes of death in Stockport
- Did Douglas Adams get the idea from Don Cupitt?
- The Assisted Dying Bill: A necessary evil?
- Musings from the Council Chamber - today's meeting
- David Pollard 23rd Jul - 10:55pm
Interesting than no one asked Ed about the Government decision to cave into the house builders and drop the 'zero energy' target for new homes...
- Richard Dean 23rd Jul - 10:06pm
@Alice Following Joe Otten's wise advice, I will say no more. Thanks for an illuminating experience.
- Kerry Hutchinson 23rd Jul - 9:58pm
I think Jonathan's piece strikes the right cautionary note. Of course freedom of speech does not entitle to indulge in racist or phobic remarks. But...
- SIMON BANKS 23rd Jul - 9:34pm
Stuart - while I agree that a government is entitled perhaps not to ignore a million people marching, but to disagree with them, your memory...
- SIMON BANKS 23rd Jul - 9:26pm
I don't think you can be right about 1939 as Edward VIII had abdicated by then and his younger brother had married before becoming king....
- Eddie Sammon 23rd Jul - 9:22pm
I've just noticed Dave Page did make a comment about the article a few comments above, so I'm sorry for missing that out.