It’s Friday. It’s five o’clock. Here’s a fistful of lists that sum up the LDV week:
5 most-read stories on LDV this week
- Opinion: With all constituencies declared, Labour has an overall majority (42 comments) by Charles Beaumont
- Chris Rennard writes… Restoring balance to the Coalition (72 comments) by Chris Rennard
- ++ Clegg to announce Lords reform sunk; Tory rebels defeat Cameron; first breach of Coalition Agreement. (55 comments) by Stephen Tall
- The Coalition Agreement does not commit Lib Dems to supporting boundary changes (37 comments) by Stephen Tall
- Opinion: We are Liberal cherries in a very Conservative cake (29 comments) by Kevin McNamara
5 sample LDV Members’ Forum threads
- What big things do we still expect to get out of government?
- Express says: “DON’T WRITE OFF THE LIBERALS YET”
- Euro selections – another opportunity to apply
- When do we start selecting PPCs?
- Federal Executive Report – 2/07/12
5 from the LDV archive
(August 10th, 2007-11)
- Opinion: Lessons learned the hard way will have to be re-learned following the riots in Tottenham (5 comments) by Ron Aitken, from 2011
- AV campaigns able to spend more than £11 million (9 comments) by Stephen Tall, from 2010
- Extraordinary stats about snooping (3 comments) by Alex Foster, from 2009
- Road deaths fall again (12 comments) by Mark Pack, from 2008
- The perils of Facebook (2 comments) by Mark Pack, from 2007
5 top reader search returns to get to LDV
(excluding Liberal Democrat Voice or its variants)
- boris johnson wards corner
- intergenerational fairness lib dems
- avon and somerset police commissioner candidates
- lords reform
- tessa munt fit of laughter
5 recent Lib Dem tweets
In the political congratulations contest,
@nick_clegg now has his gold medal reaction tweet time consistently below one minute.
— Nick Barlow (@nickjbarlow) August 4, 2012
So yeah, just throwing money at schools won’t encourage lifelong sport participation. We need teachers who can make it enjoyable, not vile.
— Sarah Brown (@auntysarah) August 9, 2012
If it was a LD majority govt, would any manifesto promises be broken? No. If it was a Tory maj? Wd manif promises be broken? Evidently.
— James Holt (@jammyholt) August 7, 2012
My husband and I both have very short hair. His haircut costs £30, mine £50 same hairdresser. Why do women pay more?
— Lee Chalmers (@leechalmers) August 7, 2012
Fishing trip wasn’t as successful as we planned. Two crabs and a flat fish that got away + a plastic hose that didn’t! twitter.com/willie_rennie/…
— Willie Rennie (@willie_rennie) August 10, 2012
That’s it from the LDV Friday Five. Let the weekend commence in 5-4-3-2-1…