It’s Friday. It’s five o’clock. Here’s a fistful of lists that sum up the LDV week:
5 most-read stories on LDV this week
1. Ooops! Mirror gets poll graph wrong and inflates Labour’s position (13) by Mark Pack.
2. Were there two YouGov polls for the Sunday Times? (3) by Mark Pack.
3. Roberta Blackman-Woods – desperately sabre-rattling on her MP’s expenses (1) by Stephen Tall.
4. The 7 retiring Lib Dem MPs (and the 7 candidates hoping to replace them) (4) by Stephen Tall.
5. Cameron filmed confused and clueless in gay equality TV interview (9) by Stephen Tall.
5 active LDV Members’ Forum threads
5 recently active groups on ACT
5 top reader search returns to get to LDV
(excluding Liberal Democrat Voice or its variants)
1. purdah period (n/c)
2. the budget (-)
3. colin firth lib dem (-)
4. daniel radcliffe (-)
5. donna boffa (-)
5 Lib Dem MP quotes
“The Government was asleep at the wheel just as the economy was driven off a cliff.” John Thurso on on today’s National Audit Office report on support provided to business during the recession.
“The Prime Minister may have wanted a “giveaway budget”. What we got was a “given up budget”” Nick Clegg in his Budget Response speech.
“We have lost too much liberty in the name of security in recent years.” Chris Huhne on the Joint committee of Human Rights’ report: Counter-Terrorism Policy and Human Rights: Bringing Human Rights Back In.
“The NHS is facing the toughest financial period in its history, yet we’re still seeing managers being recruited like there’s no tomorrow.” Norman Lamb on the 5,000 new NHS managers hired last year.
“It took the Advertising Standards Authority to say that this Labour government is not legal, decent, honest or truthful.” Chris Huhne on the news that a Home Office police advert is to be banned for exaggerating the amount of police time spent on the beat.
That’s it from the LDV Friday Five. Let the weekend commence in 5-4-3-2-1…