It’s Friday. It’s five o’clock. Here’s a fistful of lists that sum up the LDV week:
5 most-read stories on LDV this week
- ‘Brand Clegg’ continues to out-poll ‘Brand Miliband': what it means for the Lib Dems (39 comments) by Stephen Tall
- David Cameron’s jibe at Dennis Skinner: forget the ageism, it was just badly done. (25 comments) by Stephen Tall
- The Weekend Debate: Who’d get your 2nd preference after Brian in the race for London Mayor? (30 comments) by Stephen Tall
- Opinion: I don’t think Jeremy Hunt should resign (31 comments) by Richard Morris
- Tom Brake MP writes… A landmark achievement in fight for our civil liberties (9 comments) by Tom Brake
5 sample LDV Members’ Forum threads
- The meaningless NOC!!!
- So what do you say in an acceptance speech then?
- Hackney Heroine finishes third
- So whose going to be our Mayoral candidate in Bristol?
5 from the LDV archive
(May 4th , 2007-11)
- What Lib Dem members think of the Coalition now (1 comment) by Stephen Tall, from 2011
- Nick launches “My personal guarantee” (1 comment) by The Voice, from 2010
- What must happen for the Lib Dems to overtake Labour? (57 comments) by Stephen Tall, from 2009
- Edward Timpson (107 comments) by Mark Pack, from 2008
- Key seats: what we won where (4 comments) by The Voice, from 2007
5 top reader search returns to get to LDV
(excluding Liberal Democrat Voice or its variants)
- rob blackie
- local elections
- david cameron dennis skinner
- toby fenwick
5 recent Lib Dem tweets
Today, the greatest transfer of powers to Scotland since the Union is complete, thanks to Lib Dems in Government. A great achievement.
— Charles Kennedy (@charles_kennedy) May 1, 2012
We need urgent action to stop people having utterly idiotic letter boxes.
— Lib Dem Life (@libdemlife) May 2, 2012
To all today’s candidates – you deserve respect. You’re part of the group that wants to deal with problems, rather than just observe them.
— John Dixon (@JohnLDixon) May 3, 2012
Could you please all quit it with the, “I’m hearing rumours that …” tweets. Yawn.
— Pimlicat (@pimlicat) May 3, 2012
From now on I will always address our business secretary as Dr. Vincent Cable #bbcqt
— Jake Higgin (@jakehiggin1992) May 3, 2012
That’s it from the LDV Friday Five. Let the weekend commence in 5-4-3-2-1…