What could be simpler: five categories, each with five links. And it’s Friday.
5 most-read stories on LDV this week
1. That Andrew Marr question: wrong, wrong, wrong (32) by Stephen Tall
2. Opinion: The disaster of Bournemouth was avoidable (26) by William le Breton
3. NEW POLL: Do you support Vince’s ‘mansion tax’? (31) by Stephen Tall
4. Bournemouth was a hit, no shambolic disaster (26) by Iain Roberts
5. Opinion: Conservatives are complete hypocrites on LGBT issues as Section 28 raises its ugly head again (16) by Andrew Reeves
5 recent Lib Dem tweets
>> paulwalteruk Cameron’s tail is firmly between his legs on the Lisbon treaty http://bit.ly/Xg2vE
>> NeilStockley New post on Peter Mandelson’s speech to the Labour conference http://tinyurl.com/ycahcvd #storytelling
>> nick_clegg Have just said yes to leadership debates – let’s see what Downing Street says…
>> joswinson en route to Altrincham for tonight’s Any Questions: you can listen at 8pm on Radio 4 #fb
>> andyreeves A very interesting read…….RT @politicshomeuk: Charity Commission investigates organisation’s links to Tory party http://bit.ly/KDuq4
5 top non-Lib Dem LibDig postings to look at
1. Have you signed the petition for electoral reform?: ‘We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to promote legislation to introduce preferential voting for Parliamentary elections so that voters can elect the honest and careful and remove the dishonest and careless.’ – submitted by markpack.
2. A Move to Curb Digitally Altered Photos in Ads: “The New York Times reports: “‘oncerned that girls and women feel excessive pressure to live up to the digitally Botoxed and liposuctioned images of human perfection they see in glossy magazines, lawmakers in Britain and France are trying to push advertisers to get real.'” – submitted by markpack.
3. WTF. | Sharpe’s Opinion: “Stuart Sharpe doesn’t do rants. This is one of his best.” – submitted by Alix.
4. Lib Dem cities: “Taken together, 25 million people now live in Lib Dem cities.” – submitted by markpack.
5. Improved teenage parent policy (Lib Con): “Terrific piece of enlightened (and liberal) irony from Labour-as-they-come LibCon contributor Don Paskini. Enjoy the irony-free first comment in particular.” – submitted by stephenftall.
5 active LDV Members’ Forum threads
5 top reader search returns to get to LDV
(excluding Liberal Democrat Voice or its variants)
1. “accused of impropriety” site:libdemvoice.org
2. “fred mackintosh”
3. “fiscal crisis” site:libdemvoice.org
4. liberal democrats
5. climbing the bookshelves
That’s yer lot, folks, from this second bite of the LDV Friday Five (ish).