Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 331st weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (16-22 June, 2013), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Those Liberal Democrat peers in full by Simon Titley on Liberator’s Blog .
We’ll see, when the list is finally published, shall we?
2. Does the Donside by-election result tell us anything we didn’t know before? by Andrew Page on A Scottish Liberal.
“The orgy of self congratulation is seriously misplaced” says Andrew about the best Scottish by election result since Willie Rennie won Dunfermline in 2006.
3. BBC confirms fatal stabbing in Nightingales, Newbury this evening, not Greenham by Paul Walter on Liberal Burblings.
Paul’s account of a major incident on his patch.
4.Another dreadful BBC by-election report as percentages phobia continues by Mark Pack on Mark Pack.
The LDV report, however, had them in, he’ll be pleased to know.
5. Cash for peerages row hits Clegg by Paul Walter on Liberal Burblings.
Paul’s take on the Times story.
6. So, who’s voting UKIP? by Dan Falchikov on Living on words alone.
Dan tells us where the UKIP second preferences went in last week’s Liberton/Gilmerton by-election.
7. The law is an ass by Mike on The Atomium.
The sentence passed on Jeremy Forrest is too harsh, says Mike.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. Nick isn’t the villain but… by Maelo Manning on Libdemchild .
“All said and done, as a young female Lib Dem I really hope that the party wakes up from its patriarchy now, not tomorrow or the day after.”
9. Clegg, Lawson and Saatchi’s assault by Dave Page on Jazz hands, serious business .
“To rescue somebody from domestic violence doesn’t take a single moment of intervention from a well-meaning bystander.” (Submitted by Dave via LibDig.)
10. Labour’s troubles in Sefton Central – it’s Carry on Councillors by Cllr Tony Robertson on Sefton Focus.
Farce in Sefton. (Submitted by Nigel Ashton via LibDig.)
11. Party democracy, Lib Dem pride and anti intellectualism by Andrew Emmerson on DIY Liberalism.
Let’s cut our MPs some slack so they can come up with good policy ideas, says Andrew
12. Listen, we need to talk about UKIP by Paul Hindley on Progressive Edit.
“Now is not the time for progressives to fall asleep.”
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-13-35016.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>
* Caron Lindsay is Editor of Liberal Democrat Voice and blogs at Caron's Musings