Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 248th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (13-19 November, 2011), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Four votes away from four holds on ALDC.
3. Labour MP dumped – shock as no one notices! on Jonathan Wallace’s blog.
“Mr Anderson has started spending more time with his early day motions.”
4. A sad day for democratic principles by Carl Minns on Thoughts from Hull.
“The fact that an unelected cabal is now running Italy should see people all across this continent feeling a cold chill running down their spines.”
5. Why I’m Quitting Blogging and Politics (for a while) by Daniel Furr on Too Liberal.
Daniel takes a break.
6. Nick Clegg orders inquiry into extraditions between Britain and the USA by Jonathan Calder on Liberal England.
From the Daily Mail.
7. That “Empty Housing” myth by Tom Papworth on Liberal Vision.
Tom looks closely at the figures.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to [email protected]
8. Willie Rennie – Marriage does not belong to the Church, it belongs to society by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
“Caron reports on Willie’s appearance on the Politics Show” (Submitted by oneexwidow via LibDig.)
9. Employment, The Equality Act and My Transsexual Summer by Zoe O’Connell on Complicity.
“Zoe points out at gaping hole in Trans rights that was highlighted through a TV programme this week.” (Submitted by Stephen Glenn via LibDig.)
10. Schools kill creativity: A liberal education should prioritise it by Matthew Gibson on Solution Focused Politics.
“Creativity should be at the heart of the education system for it is this which produces fulfilled adults and a thriving economy.” (Submitted by MatthewJ via LibDig.)
11. What to do in the case of economic armageddon by David Boyle on The Real Blog.
12. Labour’s Proposal for Electoral Reform for Wales by Maria Pretzler on Working Memories.
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-248-2-26191.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>