Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 301st weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (17-24 November, 2012), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox — just click here — ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Elections: beating the Tories in Harrogate by ALDC on ALDC .
How campaigning was revitalised in Harrogate with a great result.
2. Writing to members about election results – what Nick needs to learn from Tim by Caron Lindsay on Caron’s Musings.
Nick’s emails need to reflect his behind-the-scenes empathy. That Tim Farron sets a good example.
3. Is Simon Danczuk deliberately smearing Cyril Smith? by Dan Falchikov on Living on words alone.
Dan suggests that Rochdale’s MP might be following the example of his disgraced pal.
4. Gloves are off in Croydon North by-election by Lester Holloway on Lester Holloway.
While Labour and Respect slug it out with verbal insults, Lib Dem Marisha Ray has been out on the streets talking to voters.
5. The Guardian now blames the Liberal Democrats for arguing too much with the Tories by David Grace on Disgruntled Radical.
Oh dear, we can never manage to please the Guardian, can we?
6. UKIP aren’t just wrong on #equalmarriage, they are very confused by on Jae Kay on Neue Politik.
“Their current policy shows them up as exploitative, ideologically dodgy politicians of the worst kind.” says Jae
7. Do not practice Christian gender discrimination on my behalf by Maelo Manning on Lib Dem Child .
Maelo’s plea to the Church of England.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are normally chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8.Monty Python fans block women directors by on Nick Barlow on What you can get away with .
“the clearest and most cutting commentary on women bishops decision”. (Submitted by Alex via email.)
9. The Telegraph headline that is wrong by a factor of 4,369.000 by Paul Walter on Liberal Burblings.
The Telegraph makes a right cod of a story.
10. The Lib Dem Activist Blues by Jennie on Jennie Rigg .
Jennie writes and we can all empathise. (Submitted by Neil via LibDig.)
11.The NUS are undertaking #demo2012 today but why are the University of Manchester strong-arming society and what good will it do by Neil Monnery on The Rambles of Neil Monnery.
Neil rails at Manchester Students’ Union for strong-arm tactics. (Submitted by Louise Shaw via LibDig.)
12. NUS Chants: Chair’s Statements by Tom Wood on The Libertine.
NUS’s contribution to Anti Bullying Week was a chant calling for Lib Dems to be burnt. LY Chair Tom Wood responds.
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading ‘n’ nominating.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-lib-dem-golden-dozen-301-31774.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>
* Caron Lindsay is Editor of Liberal Democrat Voice and blogs at Caron's Musings