The LDV Friday Five (ish): 30/10/09

What could be simpler: five categories, each with five links. And it’s Friday.

5 most-read stories on LDV this week

1. Mark Littlewood resigns Lib Dem membership for IEA Director job (175) by Richard Huzzey
2. Opinion: A Liberal Line on Immigration (61) by Patrick Murray
3. What did you make of Chris Huhne’s Question Time performance? #bbcqt (30) by Stephen Tall
4. Watford’s liberal Lib Dem Mayor – what Iain Dale didn’t report (31) by Stephen Tall
5. Nick Griffin’s verdict on Chris Huhne (8) by Stephen Tall

5 recent Lib Dem tweets


>> stephenpglenn RT @chickyog: BREAKING NEWS: Alan Johnson to have Galileo exhumed so he can sack him because his scientific advice does not reflect policy.
>> markpack Paul Waugh | Cameron to ditch Lisbon referendum http://bit.ly/3xCINa
>> NeilStockley Environment/sustainability/#climate change in my home country under the Nats. The shape of things to come in the UK? http://twurl.nl/3ldtul
>> jamesgraham RT @LabourList: For Labour people, Tony Blair as president is a no-brainer http://twurl.nl/gf15ug @ShamikDas < ironic choice of words
>> rfenwick Going corporate with my Twitter profile pic. Photographer could’ve told me my tie wasn’t straight! Wondering if it’s time to go clean shaven

5 top non-Lib Dem LibDig postings to look at

1. Help! Can anyone find a Tory blogger who believes climate change a real threat? (NextLeft)
“Next Left’s Sunder Katwala runs down the list of top 10 Tory blogs, and finds none of them believes in the severity of global warming as a top political issue.” – submitted by stephenftall.
2. The enemies of reason: Hmm… remember this?
“Brilliant expose of media double-standards” – submitted by markpack.
3. The Tory war on the FT (Hopi Sen)
“An excellent anti-fisking, pointing out all the holes in a pro-Tory “fisk” of an FT report” – submitted by markpack.
4. The Kaminski questions Cameron didn’t answer (Liberal Conspiracy)
“Sunder Katwala examines the four chief allegations against the Tories’ new Euro leader Michal Kaminski – and finds big discrepancies between his story and the verified facts.” – submitted by stephenftall
5. The wrong Morrissey: why the world needs picture editors
“When you’ve seen one, you’ve seen ’em all …” – submitted by stephenftall

5 active LDV Members’ Forum threads

Real Centre-Left Policies – What People Are Crying Out For
Elizabeth Truss – formerly LDYS?
Postal Voting – facts (beginning with Norwich North)
PPCs for the next General Election
What should we do about prostitution?

5 top reader search returns to get to LDV

(excluding Liberal Democrat Voice or its variants)

1. nick griffin
2. site:www.libdemvoice.org “code of conduct” “federal executive” rennard may
3. dave hodgson
4. patrick murray lib dem
5. mark littlewood

That’s yer lot, folks, from this latest bite of the LDV Friday Five (ish). Let the weekend commence in 5-4-3-2-1 …

Read more by .
This entry was posted in Friday Five.
Advert

2 Comments

  • To add to the PPC list, Columba Blango has been selected for Camberwell & peckham. Hes from Sierra Leone originally & is a former Mayor of Southwark.

  • Richard Huzzey 30th Oct '09 - 11:05pm

    I must have written that post really well.

Post a Comment

Lib Dem Voice welcomes comments from everyone but we ask you to be polite, to be on topic and to be who you say you are. You can read our comments policy in full here. Please respect it and all readers of the site.

If you are a member of the party, you can have the Lib Dem Logo appear next to your comments to show this. You must be registered for our forum and can then login on this public site with the same username and password.

To have your photo next to your comment please signup your email address with Gravatar.

Your email is never published. Required fields are marked *

*
*
Please complete the name of this site, Liberal Democrat ...?

Advert



Recent Comments

  • User AvatarCatherine Jane Crosland 17th Oct - 7:36am
    "The greatest man-made force for peace and progress in human history"?? Matthew, even apart from your non inclusive choice of language, this sort of wildly...
  • User AvatarEd Shepherd 17th Oct - 6:46am
    Large numbers of well-off older people were never highly educated. They grew up in period where there were plentiful permanent jobs,, full-time work, pension schemes,...
  • User AvatarDenis Loretto 17th Oct - 1:04am
    @Martin I am only too well aware of the lack of any viable idea as to a way forward for the Irish border. What I...
  • User AvatarGlenn 17th Oct - 12:58am
    Frankie. I'm just pointing out the irony of these kinds of youth and internationalist orientated arguments . I don't see Brexit a cliff edge. I...
  • User AvatarKatharine Pindar 17th Oct - 12:33am
    Lorenzo is right to remind everyone of the diversity of reasons which caused people to vote Leave, but it follows that there are no easy...
  • User AvatarKatharine Pindar 16th Oct - 11:58pm
    You are right, Martin, I believe - the Irish Border question does not look capable of a ready solution, despite the fact that the finances...