Christmas Competition

I wanted to give an update on the 2018 Christmas Competition. We had twelve good submissions by 17th December. The articles have now been judged, and three were very close. I want to thank everyone who submitted an article. It was a shame that we didn’t have more submissions from ladies.

I want to thank David Warren for his articles, and I particularly liked the poem by Tony Harris, but the winner was … Andrew Toye. A Waitrose hamper will be on its way to Andrew.

Thank you again for all those who submitted an article and hopefully next year you too could win 🙂

* Tahir Maher is a member of the LDV editorial team and the Chair of the English Party

Read more by or more about .

• David Warren 24th Dec '18 - 10:08am

Congratulations to Andrew Toye.

• Well said, David: Congratulations to Andrew Toye.

And thanks to Tahir for setting up the competition. I’ve one suggestion which others may like to comment on, about the dates. Half the population is pretty busy, getting ready for Christmas — and looking forward to the relaxed days immediately after. How would it be if the comp closed on Twelfth Night, instead of just before the big day? That may well be why there were relatively few entries from the ladies. . . . !

• Andy Hinton 24th Dec '18 - 4:30pm

I agree with Roger, I have to say when I half-attentively noticed the competition being touted I assumed that would be the idea: something to do whilst slumped post-turkey (given that there’s no Christmas Doctor Who this year). I was susprised to see a winner being announced already.

• Tahir Maher Tahir Maher 25th Dec '18 - 6:20pm

Thank you – points noticed I will give more time next year – merry Xmas and a happy new year to all

• Andy Hinton 26th Dec '18 - 7:06pm

Thanks Tahir, for taking note of this specficially but also for your work on LDV all year round!